Is It Really Worth Going On?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by The Damned, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Damned

The Damned New Member

Im a 24 year old man who has had thoughts about ending my life for years now, every year I assure myself things are going to change but they never do.
    For a guy who has put so much into life and got so little in return, Ive finally had enough and over the last few weeks Ive felt more and more doubt and realised how pointless and cruel life really is.
    Then I get tragic news that one of my pets(who has been through so much already) is now dying.
    So many times in this hellhole I have been lied to, stabbed in the back and shit on, and now I have really had enough, so many times over the years people assured me things will turn out okay, history will tell you this is not the case.
    Im really considering if it is worth going on, nothing good has happened in my life and I only have sad memories to remember so is it really worth it.

2. Sorrow

Sorrow Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry about your pet. I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. Sorry things have been so hard for you. If you want to talk about it I'm here.

3. lfdy

lfdy Active Member

hey the damned, hang in there buddy, life is a rollercoaster. you need to hang on tight. dont give up. you have probably heard it a million times but usually no matter how bad our lives have been there will always be someone who has had it alot worse and yet they still keep fighting it and wont give in. draw your strength from this forum. keep talking, posting and reading the shit that others are going through. you may feel at the end of the day that you are one of the lucky ones compared to others. i hope you find the comfort and support you need. dont give up. you are still so young, you havent even reached the prime of your life yet. the best years are yet to come.

4. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

It really is not worth going on. People who have never walked in your shoes may tell you "things will get better," as they told me all throughout middle school, high school and college, but they are serving up raw horseshit. :mad:

5. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler Well-Known Member

ditto

6. lfdy

lfdy Active Member

people who feel sorry for themselves and wallow in self pity serve up raw horse shit. everyone has a choice to make and a will to follow it through. its only when you think that you are so much worse off then everyne else and that nobody knows how you feel that you are only deceiving yourself. it is a cop out. face reality. we are all broken. everyone on this forum is here for the same reason. if they didnt believe in fighting for their life they wouldnt be here posting and searching for answers and a will to live another day.

7. No..............No one contemplates suicide so much as begs why won't you let me die you sick sick fucks.

There is no "To Be or not to be" so much as it is why won't you evil sick fucks let me die. I don't threaten you or try and invade your life in any way shape or form. I beg for death every day but every suicide attempt I try gets thwarted by a bunch of deranged assholes.

The to be or not be contemplation thing with suicide is an interesting way of looking at it as well.

PS WHAT THE FUCK IS YOU PROBLEM

8. pillowperson27

pillowperson27 Active Member

Of course it isn't worth it. Half of the population as of now would be dead if suicide was as simple as taking a pill and not waking up the next day.

9. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you're going through a tough time, Damned. I'd say whether or not it's worth going on is entirely up to you. The truth of the matter is things don't always get better, but I'd say hold out as long as possible and avoid jumping the gun. Suicide is a permanent solution to what could be a temporary problem. The problems will be gone and you'll be dead, that's pretty much the end of the road right there. I don't know exactly what it is you're going through but if you wait for things to get better you'll probably be sorely disappointed. Lives, at least successful ones, are the rewards for the effort we put in for the majority of us. Not saying if you grit your teeth and take whatever life is dishing out that it will get better but that if you want results you have to make them happen yourself. They say opportunity only knocks once but they leave out the part about it visiting a lot less often, if you wait around for it you might die of old age. My advice would be to see if there's anything you can do to reverse the situation any, any effort that can be made whatsoever. Anywho, my two cents, I hope you can find a way to improve your situation if it's possible.

10. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

Up yours.

I absolutely HATE when people jump all over me in defense of another person who ATTACKED ME PERSONALLY!!!!!!!!! It reminds me of my youth when people would jump in and throw punches at me when I was defending myself against someone who was abusing me. How could you come into this thread and defend someone who came in here and attacked me personally by saying "people who feel sorry for themselves and wallow in self pity serve up raw horse shit"? It seems like whenever I post my problems on here and elsewhere, everyone tells me to "quit feeling sorry for yourself" and "wallowing in self-pity" while everyone else gets the support they need. NO ONE HAS EVER SUPPORTED ME IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY FRIENDS, GIRLFRIENDS OR ANYTHING BUT ENEMIES MY ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DOES EVERYONE HOLD ___ME__ TO A DIFFERENT STANDARD? WHY AM I DISCRIMINATED AGAINST WHEREVER I GO?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  11. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

WHY AREN'T YOU "PISSED" AT THE PERSON WHO JUMPED INTO THIS THREAD TO ATTACK ___MY___ POST?

12. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

You have to let people support you. If you counter everything someone says with a negative then they are gonna give up eventually. Part of the responsibility for your own well being is on you. In the end nothing anyone can say is going to change things. Only you can do that.

13. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Come on guys, where's the love?

14. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

What about the comments that lfdy posted? Why didn't anybody sound off on her for posting HER insensitive comments on a suicide prevention forum? Oh wait. That's right. Everyone else is exempt and gets a free pass so long as the recipient is me.

15. tesseract

tesseract Well-Known Member

I personally would like to see those comments, cause I don't really believe from these few comments..

@OP: Hang in there. Problem is, there's only as much a forum can do. I mean, I'd post, "It will get better, keep strong" but I myself am bored of it. I think you need a person to talk with (not a forum). I mean, a hug, means much more than letters on your screen.

Sorry I can't help more.

16. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

Very good insight there. There is only so much we can do. We can say kind things all day but it's not going to change what has happened to anybody or take away the pain. At the end of the day if we can't deal with it we need to seek out real life help be it a supportive person, a doctor...we have to learn to help ourselves at some point. That has been a hard one for me I know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.