Is it sad?

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by Adjunct Soul, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Adjunct Soul

Adjunct Soul Member

That a nearly 40 year old's mood can be perked up listening to Disney music. I swear "Everybody wants to be a cat" or anything from Aladdin or Jungle Book instantly improves my outlook. I often wonder what people are actually listening to when we cross paths on campus. I imagine folks jamming to all thus cool music while I try not to sing Hakuna Matata out loud. screw it. If it helps, it helps I guess. Today is a better day.
    7 people like this.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It isn't sad at all. As long as something makes you happy, that's all that matters. I don't think there is an age limit for Disney so go ahead and enjoy the music :)
  3. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

No it's not, I have lots of friends who still love Disney songs and movies. My college roommates' last year watched Disney movies.
  4. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi again Adjunct, It is nice to see that something makes you happy, It makes You happy then It is so Great! Take that Feeling and hold on to it, try to expand it there may be other music or songs if you could get a play list and burn a Cd or put it on a player then you will have more time that you can feel happy!, you could use earphones or something if it makes you feel self conscious. take anything that you can get. I am glad to see you said it was better today, you must be doing something right! Good Job! Every one you have is a plus!
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Be who you are not who others want you to be. It's not sad at all. If it helps you then keep listening, at least you have found something that helps x
  6. Aeneas

Aeneas Well-Known Member

I watch Power Rangers to pick up my mood.
    The most sinister thing in that show is Rita trying to defeat the power rangers by making them lose the talent show. Haha.
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

It's just fine to love Disney music! Disney's "kids" movies have to have a level of sophistication that parents enjoy or the parents wouldn't take their kids to see them. And the music has to as well. If you like or love a song, I think it's great that it makes you feel good. Doesn't really matter if it's Disney or some other group/artist. Besides, Disney uses a lot of very catchy songs and tunes that are fun to sing along with!
  8. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

It's not sad if it helps you. :) You're right. If it helps. It helps.
  9. LastCall7

LastCall7 Banned Member

No. Every once in awhile I get on a Disney movie kick. There's something about them. Last time I went out of my way to find the original uncut/uncensored Fantasia. I got into the biography of Walt Disney, the whole history. It was pretty trippy. They make for a good escape you dont find much nowdays with all the guns blazing and cars ripping around. Kind of like being a kid again.
  10. SilentLegend

SilentLegend Member

As someone who finds it so difficult to cheer myself up and get into a positive mood, I think it is great that you can get into that mode just off Disney music.
    It is little things like that which make a huge difference in being happy and healthy, so be glad to have those uplifting triggers :)