Is it so wrong to just want to die????

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mrclean4456, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrclean4456

mrclean4456 Member

...and end the pain...

are these thoughts normal?...or not so normal?...

Why is it so wrong to just want to end it all?...suicide, is that really so wrong when the pain is so great you just can't take it any longer?...

Thoughts?

2. kitai16

kitai16 Well-Known Member

Some people can understand why you'd want to do it and some people can't.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: please hang on, as for it being right or wrong, i dont believe there is a right answer.

4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hmmmm... great questions.... for me, i don't think of it as wrong to want to die. i just find it sad.

i read somewhere that thoughts of suicide arise when pain exceeds coping resources. and i believe it to be true. as my pain decreases the less i desire death.

i also believe, as i've written elsewhere, that depression lies when it tells me that i'm alone, unloved, the biggest fuck-up, always have been, always will be. it ain't true but it is *so* hard to remember, or even believe in the good times when i'm depressed.

catherine

5. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

“They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person.”

-Arthur Schopenhauer

6. Suicide is not cowardice.

7. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

I never said it was.. and the quote imply's the opposite of that. Did you even read it o_O.

8. Crying All Time

Crying All Time Well-Known Member

Some people think it's right, some people think it's wrong. But please stay safe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.