is it something i can ever "get over"

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by closertolove, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. closertolove

closertolove Well-Known Member

im sick of being unable to move past the fear of getting hurt and, as a consequence, never let anyone get close to me. it's annoying at the very least, and killing me at the most dramatic. well, driving me to the point of emotional exhaustion i want to die. is it ever going to stop, and at what point will it stop mattering, and if it doesn't what's really the point?

these are the thoughts that keep me up on bad nights like tonight

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Only you can know when you are ready to forgive past hurts and trust again, but a good counsellor could help you see what is holding you back and how to move forward.
    Perhaps a word with your doctor, with a move towards couselling would be the way to go. :smile:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yes you can move pass all that pain hun as said with counseling therapy you can let go and move on with living

4. closertolove

i just want to stop living like the past still hurts me and be able to appreciate all the awesomeness i have now. and stop taking out past people's mistakes on present and could-be future people

5. alyssaswoon

alyssaswoon Well-Known Member

I'm still partially struggling with my past and it's effect on my future. I have a lot of trust issues with everyone because I've been notoriously fucked over in the span of my 22 years. After a while of letting my insecurities rule my life I decided I just needed to let go. Quickly or slowly, didn't matter, I had to let go of these things that had a choke-hold on my life. I try to take things with a grain of salt whereas before I let every little thing people did get to me and ruin my days/weeks/months. Sometimes you just need to not give a fuck.

6. closertolove

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.