Is it still considered suicide...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kally101, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kally101

Kally101 Member

If you have a deadly illness and do not want to seek help or treatment because you want out? Will God still punish you?

2. Kally101

Kally101 Member

I don't have any illnesses, but many times I wish I would get cancer or something like that so I can go. That way my family would not be so hurt. They would think the illness is what killed me and not wanting to end my own life.

3. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Dont ever wish something like that on yourself Kally.

And by the way..trust me, if you died from an illness you family would hurt....A LOT

:unsure:

4. Kally101

Kally101 Member

God wants us to hold on to life and that is why suicide is wrong, but if a person wants out. I just don't see what is wrong with that.

They say you can go to hell for it, but I don't know.

5. Kally101

Kally101 Member

I know it is bad to think that way, but physically I can't bring myself to try the normal methods.

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Sorry, I think I snapped there....sensitive subject. Sorry :hug:

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Suicide really isn't the right answer you know hun

7. Kally101

Kally101 Member

Thanks Sam. I did not take it as you snapping, but as you caring. Sorry if my tone sounded misplaced.

8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug: Both of you

9. Kally101

Kally101 Member

I get these sharp abdominal pain due to cycst or fibroids on my cervix and hope that it turns to cancers. So I understand what you mean about the headaches.

10. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I understand that both of you are feeling depressed and want to find a way out. And, again, I don't mean to snap or offend, but people do you have any idea what cancer does to someone and to their family?
    Please, please, don't wish that upon yourself.

11. Kally101

Kally101 Member

I have not had to deal with cancer I know it is not a easy thing to go through. Now say I did get cancer. The thought of the medical bills alone would make me want out. Finances is one of the many reason I want out. I am not late or defaulted on anything I just hate the fact the one has to slave away at a job and have nothing to show for it, because of bills. Not to mention I hate work. No matter what type of job it would be. One has to work to survive so..... I hate bills like you would not believe. At least the ones I can avoid.

12. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Sorry for everything you are going through.

I don't even know why I am posting in here anymore :unsure:
    I am not talking as a suicidal person here, I am talking as someone who has had to watch a loved one die of lung cancer. Until you have been through that, or watched someone go through it you can never imagine the pain it causes.

Don't think like this people :hug:

13. Kally101

Kally101 Member

You have every right to post on here. Your thoughts are much help. Sometimes it helps talking to someone who has been there. Sorry about that.

14. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

*leaves you two to talk*

PM me if you need to :hug:

15. Kally101

Kally101 Member

Thanks Sam

16. aqaq22

aqaq22 Well-Known Member

If its not a brain tumor, you may have just lived with 2 years of pain for no reason. Go to a doctor. If it is a brain tumor, you can legally refuse treatments (in the US anyhow).. If it's NOT a tumor, they might make it go away and then you do not have to suffer for no good reason.

This is an outstanding question. I was raised to believe most everything is a sin. Alive? "You're Sinning!!" LOL I've come to believe, my "latest" belief anyway, because I reserve the right to change beliefs....is that "Something" started this whole thing with something like a "big bang". Ever since, it's been running on it own. Kind of like starting your car, and once you (God) starts it, it will continue to run on its own, as does this physical world. I can't see a God standing at the turn styles of Heaven punching tickets. But, who really knows huh? fwiw...I view the consideration of suicide as just looking at options as to how to deal with problems Your a very bright person kally, and I hope you do well. I'm sure you will...

Kally, come to terms with that yourself. Make it your business to be able to answer this question for yourself. It might make you less stressed to take control of your own beliefs? That has helped me some, anyhow.

good luck

17. Perishable

Perishable Well-Known Member

This is in interesting thread.
    I've actually 'tried' this and would have been successful.
    Last year I had the most horrible stomach pains imaginable. Excuciating.(sp?)

I knew something was terribly wrong, that it would kill me. So I let it continue for 5 months. My mother noticed that I hadn't looked so good. I hadn't gotten very much sleep those months as these pains woke me up in the middle of the night. I had to wake up in the morning to go to school. You can imagine how tired I looked. She threatened me to tell her if anything was wrong.

"Are you hiding something? You better tell me!"

I told her no of course. And continued to have the pains, as they got worse and worse...and then...
    I got a call from a best friend I hadn't heard from in a while. She moved away and talking long distance on the phone was pricey, so I never got to talk to her much. She saved my life...then.

She told me she missed me and that I was the only one there for her and that without me that she would go crazy...A bunch of things that made me feel so useful. She didn't even know what I was going through. How she had been cutting herself. cause she felt misplaced. But She missed me a lot, and looked forward to seeing me.

I was thinking about her the next night when I got the pains again.
    So I kind of sighed and woke up my mother and told her to take me to the emergency room cause I felt horrible for a while and I couldnt take it anymore.

Which was a lie. I could take it. I wanted it to kill me.
    And it would have. When I went in the E.R. The doctors were shocked at my test levels and the next day I went straight into surgery. They said any longer and I would have definately died. They wondered a bit as of how I didnt come in sooner, considering the fact that the pain I was in was worse than the pain of labor.

Now I know I can endure physical torture. But I do regret not letting it kill me. Cause, things have only gotten worse.
    But i'm not doing well again. So maybe I have another chance.:dry:

18. Kally101

Kally101 Member

Thank you so much. My thing is I over think every thing.

19. Kally101

Kally101 Member

Wow. Thanks for sharing your experience. This way of feeling is not a good way of thinking I know, but it is a way out in my book. I have a high level of pain tolerance as well. I am sorry you too are going through this.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2007
  20. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Kally I have cancer. I was diagnosed almost 3 years ago with cervical cancer. The docs found it during my 1st prenatal examine of my pregnancy. And just very recently they have discovered some new tumors and are afraid might be spreading . I have had 2 surgeries to remove the first tumors they found and am going again (depending on the out come of these test in about 5-6 weeks) for another. But I have been suicidal way before any of this happened. Trust me you don't want to go through this. I feel so badly about what it will do to my children so I keep attempting at suicide to save them that pain ( and for many other reason too) Sick I know, but I think them having me gone and ending the pain I cause now would be better for them and me rather than watching this cancer totally destroy me, their mother. So please don't wish anuy cancer for yourself. It is pure hell. You can't even imagine and it's not an easy out. It is one of the most difficult things I have had to deal with in this shitty life I was dealt. Dying from suicide is one thing, dying from a disease another and it sucks!!! Please keep sharing and posting and teh members here are great at helping out. Be safe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.