is it weird i have a fascination with suicide/self harm?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lilella44, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilella44

lilella44 Well-Known Member

im 16 and am finally on my way out of a battle with depression thats lasted two and a half years, but i still have this fascination with suicide/self harm, like stories, pics, videos, anything regarding it.
    its weird and doesnt really scare me but im afraid itll scare my family if they knew bout it. itd really freak them out and theyd think im depressed again.
    am i the only one?

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I've watched some pretty bad suicide videos and pictures before on the internet. I'm not suicidal either. I just found it interesting to see what really happens when someone does this. They're really graphic images though, especially the shotgun suicides. Probably not good for your subconscious mind. I'd never tell my family about this or even about SF, before they get the wrong idea.

3. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

i think it can serve as a 'healthy' outlet for feelings that left alone could manifest again as depression/suicidal thoughts/self-harm. if the stories/vids don't make you want to follow suit, then i think its harmless. if your parents worry, you could try to explain it to them like that. might ease their mind, but i think most parents will always worry, its the nature of parenthood.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

i dont think it's weird I think a lot of people here have that fascination
    I do,

5. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

yeah i have it as well, i think it keeps me alive to some extent.

some people will have the wrong idea so if you don't think you're not going to act on it, and you are soon to be out of depression then its best not to say anything.

some people go "damage control mode" when they hear about death, suicide fascination/ideation.

6. LSD

LSD Well-Known Member

woohhoo i feel less weird now lol
    i have this fasination 24/7
    with selfharm and suicide.. separate or together.. i love looking pics.. searching info of thigns like those..-- etc---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.