1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is It Weird?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Gothic-Midnight-Rose, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothic-Midnight-Rose

Gothic-Midnight-Rose Active Member

Heylo lovelies :D

I have an eating disorder && I'm severely emetophobic. Lately, I've been feeling really ill, really sick

And even though I hate being sick or feeling it, is it weird that in a way I like it coz I don't have to force myself to eat?
    Is it weird to use it as an excuse so people don't make me eat?

<3
    -Wednesday-

2. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

I don't think that's weird at all. Maybe the phobia is a direct result of the disorder? I could see where one would lend itself to the other.

3. Gothic-Midnight-Rose

Yeah. I've had an ED since I was 9 and it came about because I had really bad bout of tonsilitis in which I threw up loads so stopped eating && then I noticed I was losing weight and I liked it
    So I think you're right lol

xxx

4. Hey. I use excuses all the time. I know exactly what you mean. It's not wierd, not in my opinion anyways :D

5. Gothic-Midnight-Rose

Thanks so much huni. That makes me feel so much better than I was. I thought I was a freak lol
    xxx

6. Hey,

I suffered from an ED as a result of emetophobia and I really cherished any time when I wasn't forced to eat, and when I had to eat in front of my family I came up with every excuse I could. I went about 2 or 3 months barely eating. But the phobia has faded, now I only react when someone around me is sick. Not perfect, but at least it can get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.