Is It Weird?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Gothic-Midnight-Rose, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gothic-Midnight-Rose

Gothic-Midnight-Rose Active Member

Heylo lovelies :D

I have an eating disorder && I'm severely emetophobic. Lately, I've been feeling really ill, really sick

And even though I hate being sick or feeling it, is it weird that in a way I like it coz I don't have to force myself to eat?
    Is it weird to use it as an excuse so people don't make me eat?

<3
    -Wednesday-

2. SeemsPerfect

SeemsPerfect Guest

I don't think that's weird at all. Maybe the phobia is a direct result of the disorder? I could see where one would lend itself to the other.

3. Gothic-Midnight-Rose

Yeah. I've had an ED since I was 9 and it came about because I had really bad bout of tonsilitis in which I threw up loads so stopped eating && then I noticed I was losing weight and I liked it
    So I think you're right lol

xxx

4. Hey. I use excuses all the time. I know exactly what you mean. It's not wierd, not in my opinion anyways :D

5. Gothic-Midnight-Rose

Thanks so much huni. That makes me feel so much better than I was. I thought I was a freak lol
    xxx

6. Hey,

I suffered from an ED as a result of emetophobia and I really cherished any time when I wasn't forced to eat, and when I had to eat in front of my family I came up with every excuse I could. I went about 2 or 3 months barely eating. But the phobia has faded, now I only react when someone around me is sick. Not perfect, but at least it can get better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.