Is it worth going on?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by justsolonely, Sep 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justsolonely

justsolonely New Member

I'm sorry to burden everyone here with my problems.
    I just thought I would write them down and see if they make any more sense here than they do in my head.

My whole family has deserted me over the past year. My wife left me for someone else, then divorced me.
    My kids have grown up and don't have time for dad, even if I contact them.

my job disappeared and there is nothing else for me.

I don't have friends that I can talk to.

I have thought about simply just walking into the sea, but I don't want to cause a problem for the people that would recover my remains.

I think I will just do it here, quietly in my apartment.

Thank you for listening.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Just and is so difficult to deal with so many losses, it is no wonder you are feeling so sad. Is there a way to make a weekly/bimonthly appointment with your children so you know you have contact with them? Sometimes we think ppl do not want to be with us, that we are a burden, when in fact, we are pushing them away...maybe there is a midground there...just my 2 cents...big hugs, and welcome again, J
  3. justsolonely

justsolonely New Member

They have moved away from this area, so its difficult. They rarely even speak on the phone.
  4. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

Have you tried calling them up and seeing what's up?
  5. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Just keep trying to contact them Richard. I'm sure that your children still love you. They're probably just really busy with their lives and don't find the time to come and visit you. Also, you could take up some new hobbies. Retirement can be scary for some, because it seems like there isn't much to do, but if one is creative, then one can find many things to keep busy. Also, if you have grandkids, I'm sure they will want to see you. Don't give up. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.