Is it worth it to die to avoid future heartaches?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Stylez, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stylez

Stylez Well-Known Member

wow....when i was depressed this was a very easy question to answer....of course your mind would say "no of course not thats crazy" but in your heart the "peace" of death seems so great. (or is it the other way around?)

Is it true we learn from the bad times no matter how bad they are? How about for women who are raped, kids or parents who commit suicide, what is there to learn from that? For me, blessfully(if you can call it that) those things have never happened to me so i would say yes you do you learn from the bad times and reflect on them to finally learn. But how many future mistakes are you going to make in the future? There must be an infinitie amount of mistakes to be made in this lifetime and are any of those worth the heartache to just live and learn? I'm not sure if its worth to die the back of mind I know bad shit is going to happen...but I'm like in a dream right now it seems I never want to wake up.
  2. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

It won't matter, will it?
  3. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

to me life is ALL about learning. we learn from our mistakes. we learn by watching others. yes we try things and some things work and some don't that is how we gain knowledge. i think that is why we look up to the elderly cause they've been there and they have alot to share. i guess the question is do you enjoy learning?

at my job i am learning more and more all the time. i ask questions relentlessly but it's making me a more reliable and knowledgeable source at my job and that makes me proud. that and it increases my worth.

the only time you stop learning is when you die.

i hope you can find and make the most out of this learning experience that we call life. it can be a wonderful thing.

please take care of yourself and hang in there.
  4. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

No. That is silly . The Right to die must be executed in the right frame of mind. My rationale to kill myself is when I can no longer function for me.When I cannot function for me there goes my freedom.Then I muzt die.
  5. paranoidxe

paranoidxe Well-Known Member

I don't think so, because with the bad comes the good experiences in life. By killing yourself you really never see what the future holds for you, who knows maybe you would have became a millionare but you would never see it because you killed yourself years back.

If I would have died from the tow truck running the red light two years back (which in theory I was supposed to, ruptured aorta's have a 97% fatality rate combine that with a crushed pelvis I certainly wasn't supposed to make it out of my car), I would have missed out on my girlfriend, my baby, wouldn't have got a chance to use a iPod, never would have experienced the xbox 360, never would have gotten a new computer, never would have lived to see my then new car Protege5..Really this is the first time I actually thought about how much I would have missed out on...sure there have been some rough times since the accident, such as the high stress situation with the baby (money, food, toys, doctors, etc.), I didn't get any money for the hit the tow truck had no insurance. They nailed him for $300,000 in doctor bills, but I didn't get any of that because he got out of it via bankruptcy...but really my life has been more positive since the accident rather than negative.

Society is negative..which seems to cause everyone to focus on the negative aspects of life rather than the positive.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.