Is it worth it

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jill, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill

Jill Well-Known Member

I have been having alot of problems dealing with another year. I don't want to go thru another year of pain. I just barely got thru the Christmas Holiday without trying to end it and now I must try to start another year. Can anyone tell me why I should continue on with all of this crap and pain?
  2. sn0dig

sn0dig Active Member

Don't have an answer for you.. feel the same way.. sorry..
    If you want to talk, you can PM me.. :)
  3. jjustme

jjustme Guest

I feel the same way too...
    But maybe you have something you love? Like your familie, friends, pets...
    Just something you couldn't miss? Try to think only about that things...
    And try to hold on:smile:
    good luck:hug:
  4. music_addict

music_addict Well-Known Member

The holidays are a horrible time. For those of us in pain it causes nothing but an increase in sadness and lonliness. But, the one good thing is that all this horrible celebrating will soon pass. and things will start to get back to normal.
    And hey, be proud of yourself for lasting this long. It may not seem like much of an accomplishment, but it is. It takes a lot of strength to fight the suicidal urges and keep on going. And im sure if you thought about it you could think of some reason to keep on living. Theres always something, we just need to look in our very core to find it.
    Please stay safe and if you ever want to talk, feel free to send me a PM.
  5. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

MOst of the time I get thru each day out of curiosity about what's coming tomorrow. I just put myself on 'autopilot' and keep on going. I can't give you a reason to keep on, only you can do that, but I can say that as long as there's life, there's hope.:smile: When you're dead, there's no way to change anything.:sad:

I hope you'll find the reason(s) you need to keep going, and please don't hesitate to come here often to vent your feelings and let off steam.

love and hugs,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.