1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by DowntheRabbitHole, Mar 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DowntheRabbitHole

DowntheRabbitHole SF Supporter

Hate feeling like this. Just want to hide in a hole. If it was only one issue I could handle that. But life is ganging up on me and I can't run fast enough. Don't know if it's worth it to fight back anymore.

2. extraterrestrialone

extraterrestrialone assembled words SF Supporter

would my perspective help? i hope so. life does have a way of ganging up on a person. i have also found so often that i was thinking it is not worth it to fight back. but in my attempt to not fight back, i end up fighting back anyway. it helps, it doesn’t help and it helps. it makes no sense but it is the way of the human organism. its the way of all organisms. it is the way of the universe. maybe don’t fight back. sit back. you will kick into autodrive most likely. your are new here (welcome to SF) there are so many nice people here. there’s lots to do. many people to meet. you may find yourself enjoying things. i’m here if my support is needed. and you will meet lots of people who have the same and similar situations. i thinks answers will come in time. don’t necessarily expect change to come overnight. i have my own story and trying to find solutions have been an ordeal to say the least. but i’m still trying. I hope to see you around. it can be a great fight when doing it with others.

3. DowntheRabbitHole

I have fought for so long. I am just so exhausted. No more trying. It's pointless

4. DowntheRabbitHole

Don't think I can climb out this time. Everything I touch turns to shit.

5. Sand and Sun

Sand and Sun SF Supporter

Do you feel comfortable sharing a little more about how you feel overwhelmed. A person wiser than me once taught me that writing/posting stuff that’s bothering me often helps me get a better handle on it or see it in another way I hadn’t seen before. Welcome to SF

extraterrestrialone likes this.
  6. DowntheRabbitHole

My whole life has been one big f**k up. No matter what my intention, everything turns to shit. I am just too tired to care what happens anymore.

7. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

What about therapy or medications?

8. DowntheRabbitHole

Been there, done that. Sick of pills. Sick of diagnoses. Sick of being the one taking care of everything.

9. extraterrestrialone

Wondering how old you are and for how long you have been suffering. I'm 66. I'm quite tired myself. I want to know for myself what someone else calls tired. What is a life that is a big f888 up. Is my life one???

10. DowntheRabbitHole

I wouldn't dare suppose what someone else would consider a failed life. I'm sorry if my posts are depressing you. Probably one of the reasons why I have no friends.
    I'm 47 and have been trying to beat these feelings for forever. Just tired of it all. It seems pointless to keep trying.

11. extraterrestrialone

You are NOT depressing me. That would take much greater effort on your part. But you do arouse my interest, curiosity, and wanting to help. If you want to tell more I will listen and offer what I can. I already know that we have significant similarities. You can reply here or in private if you ever feel like you want to. I feel the same so often. That was actually the reason I joined SF. I am a friend. I do want to help. Maybe you can help me too. I know I need it. But there are many others here too who will offer support. This is a great place for support.

12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome, sorry you are feeling so fed up, is talking here in a safe environment helping you?

13. DowntheRabbitHole

thank you Petal.Everyone has been very helpful and supportive. I really wish I could do the same in return.

I've fought through so much already....
    I keep thinking I'm going to actually be happy at some point. And then reality sets in and....I'm just worn too thin at this point.

Muzzy likes this.
  14. DowntheRabbitHole

thanks. I'm tired. Wish I could sleep.

15. extraterrestrialone

i’m going to bed in a moment or two. but i wake frequently. sometimes i take a look here when i wake up so i might stop by. if ido, i’lll say hello.

16. DowntheRabbitHole

Same here. I'll look for you. :cool:

17. maria7231017

maria7231017 Member

I can attest to life not getting any easier--but we have the ability to find ways to cope or people (even if that person is yourself too when you don't have the energy to reach out) to help us manage/maintain life's struggles. With a heavy, but open heart I'm here to help others that feel how the love of my life felt ( and some days I feel the same). You have a purpose and your story is not meant to end yet. This is coming from someone who lost someone to suicide when his story was no where near over. You're in an amazing place right now, and being here can lead you to healing. Love and hugs - Maria

DowntheRabbitHole likes this.
  18. DowntheRabbitHole

I'm so sorry Maria. Safe hugs for you too.

Rabbit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.