Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Melancholy, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Will friends understand? Will they still be friends with me if I told them? They think everything's fine, I'm always happy at school and whenever I'm with them...I don't want to ruin that.

But I need a shoulder to cry on. My counsellor does nothing, I have noone else to turn to. I want them to understand why sometimes I just start to cry, and not take the piss when I just want some time to myself. I want them to stop complaining about how shit their lives are, to stop telling me that I wouldn't know how it feels when they're upset.

And how would I do it?

"My stepdad's favourite pastime is sticking his hands down my trousers"

I can't see it going down well. Or

"Sorry I wasn't online last night, he was busy."

I don't want to be alone. :sad:
  2. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

hey, i know its hard, but your friends will stick by you. because its not your fault. its his. and you can start it out in many ways. you could say "i have something i need to tell you" you could also try useing email or a note, or talking online. I found that it was much easier. good luck!
  3. Ella

Ella Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would only tell people you are very, very comfortable with. I understand that sometimes we just need somebody to know and understand and be there for us, but I feel that in a vulnerable situation like telling someone about our abuse, we need to be as sure as we can that the person we talk to will open up instead of close down. So I'm all for letting people in and letting them help us, but the last thing we need is for people to react in an ignorant or non-understanding way. I'm not even saying that people are ignorant if they can't deal with learning about something like this, it can be so hard to hear that somebody we care about has or had to go through abuse. That's why it's so important to choose wisely who to tell.

Is this still going on, Lauren? Do you have anyone you could tell who will be able to take the appropriate steps if needed and if you're willing and ready to do something to make it stop? A relative, teacher, friend? You don't deserve this, and that pig needs to be stopped.

Take care, hey! :hug:
  4. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

Thank you :smile:

Yes, he is still doing it. I have told my parents and my brother, and it doesn't seem to have solved anything much. There's no-one else at the moment I could go to. I just need someone to be there at the moment who isn't involved, even if they can't do anything to stop him.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.