is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by crackedglass, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crackedglass

crackedglass Well-Known Member

is it really worth me going through with the whole thing with the police and trying to make this man pay for what he did to me years ago? i know theres only gonna be my word against his and since i broke down and told people about it things have just got worse..its making me feel more hopeless and i dunno if i can cope with having to relive it again, its already making me fear hes around the corner, i mean i'le never forget i accept that but i can at least black out some of the memories..just i dont know what to do, it gets to me more than what i thought. i'm already back to contemplating suicide and had an attempt this week, but it didnt do anything. i'le look great if i do it when hes on trial wont i. i dunno dont really know why im venting about it. just really dont know what to do, who to try to talk to or how to get over it.
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

I think you should do whatever you think is best for you. People like this deserve to be punished but I know how difficult it can be to get the right result in court. If you have the strength to go through with it that's great but if you don't feel you have then that's ok too. You must put yourself first in this. Best wishes.
  3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

If it's merely going to make the emotions rise back to the surface and cause you excess stress that you're not able to handle right now, then no pressure. Nothing is required of you.

It might help to get some closure on this, though

Whatever the case, don't let him rob you of you. Whether or not it's worth it, he's not.

Sending good thoughts your way. Stand strong. you're still standing now so you're already stronger than several would be :hug: :hug: you can PM me if you ever need to vent or anything
  4. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hun, either is the right thing to do or not is not important as how you feel. If you feel strong enough to go through with it, go ahead but know that you will have to live all over what has happened. If you dont think you can handle such stress, its alright as well. What matters is the YOU in all this.

Make sure you take the decision based on how well you will feel in that decision.

5. crackedglass

thanks guys but i feel a bit selfish saying all this is about me because it isnt, im nothing special just feel selfish for wanting him to pay dunno why but it really does feel bad in a way. dunno if you know what i mean. i'm never gonna be strong but i just remember my old counseller saying things are no good locked up in a box they eat away and destroy you. i dont think ile ever be free of him but i just need to try this way before my only other way left out. im not really strong, i always give up, i just dont want the looks off people saying and whispering things about me or feeling sorry for me because people do that enough already, i really wanna try and be normal.
  6. Emptysoul

Emptysoul Well-Known Member

Reporting a rape to the police can be very hard, you have just got to do what you think is best. If you have someone to go with you to give you moral support you should take them with you.
    Most police forces will be kind and understanding. They will do what they can for you and when it comes down to it ive noticed that with a lot of rape cases end up with just your word againsed yours.
    If you want to speak to someone impartial b4 u go to the police you could ring the samaritons, or whatever service you have in the country you live in, I hbe this has been of some help to you.
  7. crackedglass

hi all just an update to say thanks for the support but i am going through with this..he will pay! either that or at least i'le get it out in the open and maybe be able to move on ? x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.