Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Littlewiji, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlewiji

Littlewiji Well-Known Member

I've never SHd, always had the strength to stop myself. Tonight, it was so hard to stop. I broke the skin before I stopped myself this time. Fuck, I thought I could control myself.

So, I was wondering if SH is worth it at all. Anyone tell me?

2. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

It causes more problems to deal with. Have you been to a doctor? Has medication and/or therapy been advised?

You don't have to stay stuck in this. Keep posting here, it will help you.

3. Mandyrose

Mandyrose Member

Hello, are you a creative person at all? Creativity can mean many things, even math. Painting, drawing, writing, music, anything that you can do compulsively that just lets you feel something and be yourself with no judgements. You don't even have to show it to anyone.

Instead of cutting myself, I make stupid paintings of stripes. Haha. I make huge paintings of stripes, just two colors, because the line between the colors is almost like a cut. But then I'm done with it and I didn't hurt myself. They are kind a silly paintings, but if I pick nice colors they make decent wall art! Haha.

Just do something, anything, just get the urge out. Don't use your body as a canvas for getting the pain out. If you need to use your body, try exercising hard instead.

I always hated exercising, but i started running and it sucks, haha, but it makes me feel better, and it helps me get my anger out and feel something real again.

Just a few suggestions, hang in there. Don't hurt yourself, keep talking to us.

4. Littlewiji

Funnily enough, I did creative stuff today. Helped my dad write a program to solve a puzzel, polished kauri gum, did some photoshopping. Still got to the same state as yersterday though...

5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hey, painting stripes sounds like a great idea!

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you have a therapist to help you through your pain. distraction can help you get through impulse to harm through urges The urges only last a short time if you can get through them by doing other things then you win. No SH it is not worth it it only get worse and t he scars it leaves are not a pretty site
    Please talkwith your dad anyone so you can get some help before self harm gets worse.

7. Eyepatch

Eyepatch Member

This probably isn't the best advice but to me it is worth it. I enjoy the sensation and the release I get from it. It soothes my soul in the same way as BDSM does. I'm messed up though so you should probably ignore me.

8. Littlewiji

Daym, I wishthere weren't so many knives in my house. Ironically, I managed to cut myself while practising some pk rolls on the lawn, while trying to distract myself xD

thanks for your words, all of you.

9. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

Hey...
    If your creative go for it :smile: if it's something you enjoy, do it.
    SH is really not worth it, causes so many other problems down the line. Like Violet said it leaves scars and isn't a pretty site.
    Everyday i look at my scars and it reminds me of everyday i've been in pain and gave into to those urges. Drops self-confidence right down :sad:
    Do things which you enjoy. Not things you wont down the line n regret for the rest of your life.
    take care
    x

10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

SH only causes more and more problems. Believe me, I SH myself. It's a downward spiral, your'e getting nowhere but deeper down into the depression...
    I wish I had never started. Now instead of being a relief the SH is one of the MAIN problems for me. The urge is so hard to handle, now I hurt myself everyday without getting better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.