Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Things, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I don't want to live feeling like this for the rest of my life. Can't afford medication, can't get therapy, I don't know what to do about this.

Eventually, maybe I can get those things. But I keep hearing about useless medication and therapy just not working. Even if it does help, I'll always be struggling. I've heard about people who have to deal with these feelings for decades, and I know I'll end up the same way.

It's not just the depression, it's my anxiety. I'm always afraid, I can't even list my fears. I can't, I can't really explain everything, there's just too much wrong with me.

I can't live like this, this isn't living. I don't want to always be struggling, but I don't want to die either. My fear of death is just a little stronger than my wish to stop hurting.

But I'm getting worse. And now I just don't know if struggling is even worth it. I'm going to fucking die anyway....

Started rambling there, sorry. I'm having a bad time right now.

Does anyone think it's worth it? Just, living I mean?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Talk with yur GP and see if you can get medication at a cheaper rate and also therapy as well. University students will give therapy at a much cheaper cost and they are able to council you the ones that are finishing their psychology degrees. Sign into hospital for awhile they will give you connections to community services and ways to get medication cheaper keep reaching out okay
  3. Things

Things Well-Known Member

We don't have a GP.

That therapy suggestion sounds good. I'll discuss it with my mom, maybe it'll help. It sounds better than going broke. I'll talk to her about the hospital too...

I'm kind of worried. Our medical isn't very good, they don't seem to give two shits about us. I'm not sure if they'd bother to help me...

But I'll give it a shot. Thank you.

Edit: I'm hoping to talk to people who've dealt with this problem for so long. If they regret holding on. It's not just medication, I want to know if the fight is worth it. I hope I'm making sense.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2010
  4. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I think that you can make a huge difference in your life even if you are suffering, and making that difference to others can make a difference to you (which is almost what you just said to me on my visitor board).

I am one of those people you are talking about. I have, however, in the past couple of years especially (since I ended up crippled by the illnesses) made huge differences to lives. I do voluntary work and the kind of work I do makes a huge impact on others.

Your life is what you make it, with or without an illness. If you want the fight to be worth it, then it will be worth it. You may not ever lose that illness or problem but that doesn't mean the fight won't be worth it.

What country are you in? Have you looked into support groups? Those are generally free. Also there are ways and means to try and help yourself too, if you want to.

I also just wanted to say that if you see yourself as someone who struggles long term then you can make that into a self fullfilling prophecy because it may mean you won't fight as hard as you possible could.
  5. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I live in Florida.

Thank you, this helps put things in perspective. I know I meant to help people, I want to and always have wanted to. It's my goal in life, one way or another. I need to get into volenteering.

I feel more inspired now, more stable. I'm going to be fine.

Thank you, Violet and Scum. Thank you very much!
  6. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

7. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I'll do that now.

My computer's not loading correctly right now. But when it does, I'll look at it.
  8. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

:) It may not be as effective without the guidance of a therapist but equally it might help improve your current situation.
  9. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Every little bit helps at this point, so I'm not complaining.
  10. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

:) Its really nice to see someone really, really want to make those positive changes to make their life better. With that attitude you can and will get there :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.