Is it worth it...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but is life really worth all this pain that we are going through? I can't see a reason to subject myself to all this pain when there is no point in the end....no....reason i guess you could say.. Maybe I'm missing something.. I'm not sure.

Everything is spinning. Can't... just.. :cry:

peacelovingguy

Sam - its a question we all ask at times - but your brave enough to actually ask it openly were I and others just ask it of my own self.

Maybe your asleep now - best place for a real bad bout of the depression - when the darkness hits hard - only sleep holds a solace for me.

Life does not seem to be worth it at times - but 'times' come and go - and sometimes we have good times in life. I'm sure you have at some point felt comfortable? Even if only for a brief time. Maybe for a few years.

What your missing right now is just that tiny bit of optimism that balances things. I get that myself and I'm flying without a moral code at that point! So - I try to hold onto any good thought!

This usually begins with one bad thought. Some of us have struggles behind us - issues - sometimes abuse or being unloved. Sometimes we get control of ourselves and think we got that past under wraps - then it hits us again and we have nobody to share it with.

like Total Eclipse says - with hep the pain CAN go away - and you have happy days ahead even now in your darkest hour they are waiting for you - something, someone, some job, some people - a chance to be happy - I guess we all want to think of the happiest day of our life - but maybe we got a blank piece of paper sometimes!

As for the point of life and what is there at the end - we just don't know! Not really! Your too clever to have any other answer so I will not throw in my own beliefs.

Oh - ok then.

I don't think death is the end - and therefore killing myself is really pointless. Some might think that anyone who believed this would prefer whatever is next to this life - but I think this life is a short trial - seems forever, but eternity is a long time so rushing to get there means you can miss out on things that really will not happen again.

I think the point of this life is to have a moral code - to try to be kind when the world is going another direction and show empathy when many might kick others in the face for being down.

The world is almost 7 billion souls!

It can seem pointless when you ask what impact you can have.

But the truth is - even guys like me - might be strong but if there were not good people out there to help me - I'd crash and burn. Not like in a car! I mean emotionally - maybe spiritually also.

You have inspired me at times Sam when I've been down - I've noticed that you care a lot - and if you think that does not matter - please understand it is a lifeline!!!

Your not being here makes the world a less nicer place.

That's why we kind of tolerate all this pain. To help others as much as ourselves.

I wish you well and hope tomorrow will see you feeling a bit better.

Hi Sam :hugtackles:

Maybe we are all missing something? To come to this site many of us will have been looking for answers and ways to escape this life due to pain and the traumas of life. Reading your post a thought occurred to me that maybe we aren't missing something necessarily but maybe we just have something different to the other people in this world who don't struggle daily with this life. I believe all of us struggle at some point but what is it that makes a certain few of us struggle to such a degree? Honestly I have pondered that alot and I don't know the answer whether we are missing something or have something more, or even just different. The main thought that occurred to me is that if this life ends we lose the ability to find out the answer to that in this life. It may be that for our struggles something positive happens that makes it all worthwhile. I suppose in essence I am talking about hope. Something that many of us find in short supply but often it is there somewhere inside. I don't know you, but I do hope to get to know you. More hope. I hope you are somewhere safe right now and find your glimmer of hope. It only takes the slightest flicker of it to start fighting back against the hopelessness. If you can't find it right now stay safe until you can. I hope you post again soon when you can x

Thanks for the replies guys. :grouphug: I'm still kinda.... down i guess.. Don't see a point. But what you guys said has got me thinking more.

I just wish there was a way to make the pain go away now. I hate feeling like this.. It makes me generalize life as bad when really it's just this moment or a few moments and makes me crave what is after this... but how can I if I don't know? Maybe a part of me knows... Idk... maybe a part of all of us know. Blah I'm babbling lol

Total eclipse, peacelovingguy, dove, thank you guys. Love you all. <3

peacelovingguy

Depression can be like a digging a hole for yourself - you might dig so deep that you cannot get out again - or it seems that way.

Sometimes Sam we have no answers - so we have to ask others - and sometimes we need help getting out of that hole which takes others.

Someone might throw you a rope!

Or - if you have your shovel - simple science and engineering principles will see you dig layers from the sides which will gradually elevate you - taking care of course that we don't bring the whole thing crashing in on us.

Or wait till it rains and float upwards!

I'd just dig to Australia - I'm in that kind of mood now - and think it might be a little hot at the centre of the Earth but I'll design something before I deal with that sh**.

Anyhow - I might not make a lot of sense here - but I'm just saying that we all fall into a hole sometimes - and sometimes WE dig it around ourselves - and get pushed into it for sure.

IF you were out walking and fell into some deep hole - I guess you'd look to see if you had your mobile to call for help also.

No need to dig to Australia if you can just dial 999 (in the UK)

And Sam - if things were the other way around - I'm sure you'd tell me to stick around!

In fact you have!

So - sure I'll stick around - but I sure hope you do also!

You never know what might happen.

WE think the worse - but that's depression.

We see a half glass of wine - not the half full glass!

Well actually I just see an empty one - well I did the other night.

So a bottle of red wine works for depression - the migraine and pure hangover the next day over-rides suicide thoughts!

But - it aint a cure!

I don't use any meds - but I find things to kind of amuse in that department.

When I feel OK that is!

hope you do soon Sam - these shifts in moods can just turn - like the weather!

Hey - right here its been dull and as I finish this the sun is shining so brightly - so I think that is an omen for you - hopefully for me - and for anyone else in a dark place.

You got to kind of search for some light sometimes - and even washing the dishes is something - so I agree - I got a bowl full of dishes - I got my mop - I'm a man tidying up!! So hold that weird thought!

Regards.

Hope the day picks up a little.

for all of us!

Depression can be like a digging a hole for yourself - you might dig so deep that you cannot get out again - or it seems that way.

Sometimes Sam we have no answers - so we have to ask others - and sometimes we need help getting out of that hole which takes others.

Someone might throw you a rope!

Or - if you have your shovel - simple science and engineering principles will see you dig layers from the sides which will gradually elevate you - taking care of course that we don't bring the whole thing crashing in on us.

Or wait till it rains and float upwards!

I'd just dig to Australia - I'm in that kind of mood now - and think it might be a little hot at the centre of the Earth but I'll design something before I deal with that sh**.

Anyhow - I might not make a lot of sense here - but I'm just saying that we all fall into a hole sometimes - and sometimes WE dig it around ourselves - and get pushed into it for sure.

IF you were out walking and fell into some deep hole - I guess you'd look to see if you had your mobile to call for help also.

No need to dig to Australia if you can just dial 999 (in the UK)

And Sam - if things were the other way around - I'm sure you'd tell me to stick around!

In fact you have!

So - sure I'll stick around - but I sure hope you do also!

You never know what might happen.

WE think the worse - but that's depression.

We see a half glass of wine - not the half full glass!

Well actually I just see an empty one - well I did the other night.

So a bottle of red wine works for depression - the migraine and pure hangover the next day over-rides suicide thoughts!

But - it aint a cure!

I don't use any meds - but I find things to kind of amuse in that department.

When I feel OK that is!

hope you do soon Sam - these shifts in moods can just turn - like the weather!

Hey - right here its been dull and as I finish this the sun is shining so brightly - so I think that is an omen for you - hopefully for me - and for anyone else in a dark place.

You got to kind of search for some light sometimes - and even washing the dishes is something - so I agree - I got a bowl full of dishes - I got my mop - I'm a man tidying up!! So hold that weird thought!

Regards.

Hope the day picks up a little.

for all of us!

Thank you so much for this. And thank you for taking the time to type all of it! it means so much to me.

I'm really trying to dig myself out and I think i'm getting there thanks to you guys! :heart:

I wonder if I could actually dig to Australia :laugh: :-p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00