Is it worth keep fighting?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nicesinging1, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicesinging1

nicesinging1 Well-Known Member

Hello. I need everyone's insights regarding my situation. Basically, my situation is that I am a 28 year-old male who is still struggling with severe, chronic depression after 12 years of struggle. Every day is a struggle, even getting out of bed each morning. I have to always be at alert because I feel the constant ever presence of depression in my brain, trying to disrupt my life at any moment.
    Yes, I thoroughly examined my life inside and out. Clearly, bad things outweigh good things in my life by far. I remember very few happy days in my last 12 years of life but plenty of struggling, unbearable and torturous days. The fact that my hope of being depression-free by now was wrong demoralizes me a great bit.
    It is not like I never tried and fought. The mere fact that I am still alive and still struggling is a testament to how hard and how long I have been fighting. I tried anti-depressants, individual therapy, group therapy, playing sports, having new hobbies, joining clubs, etc.
    Yet, I am still here fighting every day battle against torments of depression. I feel like I am given a life that never gets better no matter how hard I try. Like a cursed life.

Is it really worth keep fighting in my case?

Thanks in advance for insights.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and yes, it are always so trying to understand and to verbalize what is going on...that is a brave and worthy journey...hope things get a little easier for you and please continue to fight...J
  3. lapazyelamor

lapazyelamor Well-Known Member

im inb the same boat as you .... get some xanax or valium to keep you cool if you can get it .. regarding advice how couldf i advise you aainst something i know i will do myself..i wont spend another lonely christmas again .. you seem to be able to get out and join clubs and sports so why not try online dating to meet a woman ?
  4. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

there are still some things that might help. do you feel like you know the cause of the depression? was it an emotional experience? could there be an underlying physical cause that has not been diagnosed?

maybe you could try different medications? maybe you could get electro-convulsive therapy? did you think that talk therapy was helpful at all?

getting a 1/2 hour of gentle aerobic activity every day can help.

do you have supportive relationships?

I think that acupuncture and chinese herbal medicine can be very helpful.

meditation, tai chi, etc. can help too.

I found dietary changes, such as avoiding processed foods and eating only fresh, cooked, whole foods served warm was quite helpful. also avoiding sugar and dairy.

I recommend this book

"Curing Depression Naturally with Chinese Medicine"

I know it is difficult, but there are some more things that you can try. The fact that you have been willing to try to get better is a very positive sign. I think that your efforts may be rewarded.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.