is it wrong I dont care anymore

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Reach, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reach

Reach Member

for people, I had a break down a few months back but ive got myself back to work, but Ive lost all interest in social interaction. People just aren't doing anything for me, Im even bored of women right now. Ive had offers for catch ups and dates and I've shunned them.

Not sure if im just getting old and I'm losing interest in small talk or ive kind of accepted my life without anyone else involved. Note sure if to be relieved or worried. Normally me being carefree leads to bad things, but this time it seems different.

2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I know when I become withdrawn and stop caring I go quiet depression can make even the smallest of talk seem impossible like a hello, you say you are working at the moment, sometimes getting through the day can exhaust you when you are fighting within.

What did you used to enjoy?

3. Reach

Reach Member

company of others for one, something I feel I no longer require. I'm reverting to sitting in doors watching TV and playing Computer Games. My phone been going all day, haven't bothered to check it. I called in sick as well.

4. Kam1389

Kam1389 Member

I completely understand the need to shun others. It rarely brings any relief and is too taxing. I also have just gone off sick and want to hibernate. Maybe it helps short term but I know that if I do that I will feel worse. A spiral of loneliness.

5. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

I have found from my own recent experience that the hardest thing was talking to people even posting on here, or replying to text. I have been sourcing some options talking threapies slowely in my own time to work and what caused 1, the breakdown, and 2, my inablitiy to communicate or reach out.

Have you spoken to your doctor and discussed tihs, it is great you got back to work and sure you might have phoned in sick but at least you cared to phone in, you have done a lot to help yourself trying to stick to a rountine (work) but perhaps now more than ever you need extra support?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.