is it wrong to be so obsessed with death?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emily83, Jul 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

just wondering... is it wrong to be so obsessed with death?

when ever their's a movie on about death, or illness, i always watch it and end up getting a warm tingly exciteable feeling- and have to watch it more than once, too.

why is this?

is it because i want it so bad myself?. because i want opinions of what it's like to die?. maybe because i'm scared of death?

i dunno... does anyone else have this obsession and is it normal?

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I wish you are obsessed with life...you sound so lovely in all of your threads that I hope you can spend some times with that...a preoccupation is not normal when it detracts from getting what we want and being in the world...and no one could tell you why without knowing you.

3. Big M

Big M Well-Known Member

I would say that it is preferable that you are obsessed with life but I totally understand where you are coming from. For me I was deeply depressed, I don't know what you are going through. I still think often about dying to escape everything but I know that is because of chemical depression. So I would say based on my own thoughts of dying, yes, something is wrong if you are regularly thinking of death.

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I used to do this very thing. Death is a part of life and it is an enigma to us for most our life. It's fascinating while at the same time it is devastating.
    I then became obsessed with knowing why death, and suffering exists. I am grateful for this because I was eventually led to the answers. I recently wrote a post in the soap box sharing what I learned. Check it out. Blessings...

5. prakash

prakash Well-Known Member

We all have to die once. It is OK to watch movies about death but it is not wise to get obsessed with death. I was once obsessed with a woman for three or four years. I knew it was bad. ANy kind of obsession is bad. Better to be obsessed with life. You should ponder over the beauty of life, the smell of flowers, the beauty of trees and birds in a park, the pleasure of taking a walk in the morning, the pleasure of a friend's company, the kiss of a lover, ..... you should think abouyt these things and you should fill you soul with longing for life.

6. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

thanks for your insights all.

great to read what you all have to say on the matter

sadeyes, i apreciate the comment in your post about me sounding nice in my threads... believe me, it's not often someone says that to me- on a forum, or face to face

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.