Is it wrong to take candid cell phone pictures of stuff/people?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by boo, Dec 17, 2009.

Is it wrong to take candid cell phone pictures of stuff/people? AND have you done it?

1. YES, Its wrong!

10 vote(s)
  2. No, It's fine

5 vote(s)
  3. YES, I've done it!

5 vote(s)
  4. No, Never done it

6 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Is it wrong to take candid cell phone pictures of stuff/people in public without their permission? and have you done it?
  2. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

That's like..... illegal?:no:

And how horny must you be to take pictures of legs? Quite desperate, or some sort of fetish? It's all at your disposal on the web nonetheless.
  3. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't see where that was implied?
  4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

If it's public it's public. It's not wrong, but it would be polite to ask.
  5. corang

corang Well-Known Member

If you just mean taking a persons pic without them knowing I dont see a problem unless its an embarresing or sexual pic. If your pic makes them look stupid or its sexual ya its wrong in my mind.
  6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I can't comment on embarassing, there are many who would consider their appearance to be embarassing on 90% of all days...

But why are you being sexual in public? In that case, it should be your duty to photograph and report indecent activity :p
  7. corang

corang Well-Known Member

When I said sexual I meant like pointing the camera up a girls skirt if theyre being sexual in public take the pic and show the police so they dont do it where kids can see. I get what you say about embaressing but its just my opinion.
  8. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, I'd agree with you there, but I don't think the underside of a girl's skirt is public in any sense.
  9. corang

corang Well-Known Member

True but that doesnt stop people from doing it in public.
  10. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I usually end up taking pictures of interesting cars. There is a car wash several towns away that has as it's "mascot" a perfect replica of the 1966 Batmobile- took pictures of that.
  11. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Maybe where you live, not in the U.S. If you're in public, you're fair game. Surveillance cameras basically do the same thing and they're legal.
  12. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

Never done it. It's like taking pictures. I see nothing wrong. When you go to the beach, you take pics of your kids and sometimes there're other people on the pics. Is there any bad? I don't think so.
  13. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

If I ask and they agree to it, then fine. To do it in stealth, that's wrong and I wouldn't want it done to me either.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.