Is it wrong to think my purpose in life is to set an example that I don't agree with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ldub20

And that example is that attractive people struggle finding significant others. I am 26 years old and for years have had people tell me that it surprises them that I can't find a girlfriend and never been in a relationship. Ever. It is because of a disease (Asperger's Syndrome) that contributes the most to my struggles. I won't completely blame my disease because other factors are contributing, but I hope my purpose to live ain't to show others that even attractive people can't find girlfriends. I'd be willing to post pictures of myself if you need that.

worlds edge

Re: Is it wrong to think my purpose in life is to set an example that I don't agree w

And that example is that attractive people struggle finding significant others. I am 26 years old and for years have had people tell me that it surprises them that I can't find a girlfriend and never been in a relationship. Ever.
Seems a bit like trying to prove a negative, somehow. Plus, since you're the one defining the "purpose" I'm not sure how you rebut a skeptic claiming that all you've done is created a self-fulfilling prophecy, even if the future is identical to the past. I could blather on, but I think those two objections are a good place to start.

It is because of a disease (Asperger's Syndrome) that contributes the most to my struggles.
Wrong Planet.net has a hugely active message board for those with ASD. Even if you don't want to sign up for the site, reading past threads in the relationship forum might be helpful. There's a lot of Aspies/HFAs who struggle with similar issues to the one you're raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00