Is it wrong

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by stone, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stone

stone Member

IS it wrong to want to hunt and kill the person who abused me as a young kid? Now I'm stronger I will snap his neck like a twig.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

No, it's not wrong to have those thoughts. It's normal to be angry and want that person to pay for what they did to you. But having the thoughts and actually acting on them are two different things.

Have you ever talked to anyone ... maybe a counselor or therapist ... to try to deal with what you've been through and work through the anger?
  3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

No, it's healthy. I'm at a similar place in my life, the homicidal thoughts I get towards certain people scares me, but I think it's because I'm so bloody kind (and was so self destructive) all the time.

I can understand it can be uncomfortable to deal with- especially when it's unmanageable. The best thing I can say is find an outlet for that anger , cos it's very powerful if you channel it well (and anything away from yourself is the right way in my opinion).

If you did kill him, do you think that would be closure for you, or would you just get into more of a mess, and have the anger again spinning around your head? That's why I don't think acting on those thoughts in a very literal sense would be productive. But things like messing around with art, music or any kind of expression, can be.
  4. carekitty

carekitty Guest

I think most of us that have been hurt, especially as a child, have thoughts of hurting our abuser back. I think it's part of the process of recovery.

But not a good place to stay forever. If we did attack them, we face prosecution, even though they pretty much deserve what they get.

While the anger isn't a bad thing, eventually you want to move past it. If necessary, seek any help that you need to get to a place where you can have some peace.
  5. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Nope not wrong at all. I understand wanting revenge on the fuck heads that do this to us. :hug: remember its not your fault!
  6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

It's completely natural. You want to regain control over your life, and killing your abuser is a way to completely and symbolically destroy his hold over you...

That is, until you realize that he still controls your thoughts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.