Is life really worth living any longer?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by simplyvm, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simplyvm

simplyvm New Member

I am feeling like life isnt worth living. I am 24 and have never had a job. I've applied to numerous places, have had many interviews that have resulted in nothing. I feel like it's too late to have the life I imagined. I just don't what to do anymore. I really dont want to end my life but I think I have no other choice if I dont find a job soon.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Have you volunteered hun volunteering will get you the experiance the employer is looking for It is so hard hun in this day of age You are you you still have so much time to build up your resume hun don't give up hugs
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

It's not too late to start over...I haven't had a job either, so I know how you feel. I live in a small area with high unemployment rate and not many job opportunities...please don't give up yet. You are still young and have a chance at a great future.
  4. Broken4ever

Broken4ever New Member

I like your quote at the bottom of your reply about the person that helps the most is often the most lonely - so true indeed:emptiness::emptiness::Cry:
  5. HannahLuv

HannahLuv Member

I've been thinking along the same lines lately myself. I gotta job that I hate, but can't find a way out.

I don't know if they're called something different elsewhere, but if you live near DHHR (department of health and human resources) they have programs that can help hook you up with a job. They're hardly glamorous though, and you have to be careful. The DHHR near me (I live in WV btw) likes to rope you into all kinds of programs like HUD that you might not want to be in. I know I'm tryin my best to stay off welfare.

Also, churches love to help people out with getting jobs and dealing with depression. They come with their own set of problems though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.