• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Is life still worth it?

Fizzy1982

Hello, it's been a very long time since I've last been here.

I had been doing good until corona came along. it all changed since then.
i can honestly say that no one cares about me anymore, why do I even bother trying.

i feel so alone, no one bothers to reply to my messages anymore, or to pick up the phone when i call. They don't call back either. I gave up on trying over a month ago, haven't heard anything from anyone.
Only person who i talk to is my psychologist and my doctor and they get paid to listen to me.

i want to know to the feeling of true friendship again, the feeling to be loved by someone, that someones cares about you, that someone is there for you if you need them.
Someone who wants to talk me because they want to, not because they have to.
Is this too much to ask?

why bother anymore, it's not like anyone would miss when i'm gone
some will probably be happy to hear the news

The following are lyrics from a song i like and it fits me perfectly right now
"Give me a reason to survive, in this earthly hell
I'm on the edge looking down at this bottomless pit
Will it matter if I cease to exist?"

sorry you're going through that *sadhug
I know how hurtful it is when people ignore you when you dont expect them to. It's hard for me to say this cause I actually feel hopeless and very down too about friendship (also being ignored lately), but- maybe don't take it in a personal way? I dont know, its hard to tell with people, but especially with the pandemic people are more likely to be pre-occupied with other things like financial worries and might not be themselves? maybe they aren't intending to be ignorant or rude, just they're caught up with other stuff right now. I know that doesnt help much, cause ultimately that doesnt resolve things, but maybe a thought that could help you feel a bit better. I hope these people get back to you at some point.

I hope you can feel better soon, you deserve to live *hug

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hi @Fizzy1982. I don't think we've talked before, but I'm glad you've come back to get some support. This is a really hard time for a lot of people. I can relate to a lot of what you said, I also feel like most people I know just don't care or wouldn't notice if I'm gone. Whether it's true/logical or not, who knows. lost is right though I think that a lot of people are just caught up with their own stuff right now.

If you want to talk sometime, my inbox is always open. *hug

Ash600

✮☆Meetup star ☆✮
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Hey there @Fizzy1982 ,
The phrase, "out of sight, out of mind" kind of springs to mind. It's one of the things corona and lockdown can do it seems, not just to you, but to many others, including here by inducing that isolation.

What you're asking for, friendship, to be loved, to be cared for, to feel wanted is not too much to ask, not for you not for anyone. As with you and others here, I too often question whether I'd be missed if I were gone. I guess that these feelings can be magnified during moments such as these, but as @sinking_ship has rightly said, who knows whether it's true or not. Others indeed maybe just caught up in their own issues or their micro-environments as of now, they may even be feeling the same way but not ready to reach out, who knows? This pandemic has caught everyone out, no one was prepared and so they'll react in different ways.

But, putting that theory to the test as to whether they'll miss you when you're gone, is not something worth pursuing, not when there's still a chance to restore contact with them. How things stand now does not mean it'll be that way in the future, and I hope that your friends will soon reconnect with you.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$600.00
Goal
$255.00