Is life that exciting?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Chalcie, Apr 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chalcie

Chalcie Member

What are the activities that makes you feel excited about life?
    Like what do you look forward to when you wake up in the morning?

I'm just not excited to wakeup...and I wanted to be like normal happy people..

2. Jabez

Jabez Well-Known Member

Sorry, Chalcie, I too am finding it impossible to be excited about waking up! Even my favourite hobbies - reading, sewing, colouring, drawing - have lost all interest. I have lost my passion for my field of expertise and interest professionally as well. I wake up because I have to, to go to work and to care for my family. I look forward to going to sleep again so that I can stop pretending, trying, for a little while.
    But I also hope that one day I will find some interest in those other things again...

I hope that you can find something to be excited about, to wake up for, and that you are feeling better soon.

Love and hugs to you. J

Chalcie likes this.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

I have to agree with Jabez on this, I'm not a "fan" of waking up. It's usually my worst part of the day, it's like "oh no.....another day". I used to enjoy many things, walking my dog in the woods, I've always loved reading and writing.
    But recently I've lost all interest in everything, I know it's the depression and anxiety, it has a way of draining the life right out of you. But I continue to hold on to hope, some days are better than others, so there is still hope. Hang on to that hope chalcie, I believe some day your happiness will return. Take care of yourself.
    Brian

Chalcie likes this.
  4. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

i like caffeine, it makes me happy. i'm also happy at times without chugging coffee. i think it's partly genetics and partly because i'm satisfied with where i am with life, like self-actualized and so on.

5. afterlifepig

afterlifepig Well-Known Member

well i'm happy when i combine caffeine with hobbies that is. there are lots of potential hobbies for a person out there, so i don't feel the need to list them.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Right now I enjoy going to my DBT therapy. In spare time I make diet plans, keep mood diaries, watch a lot of dvd's. Nothing too exciting. I know a lot about how to help myself, I just have to put it into practise which I find very hard. Today has been a good day for me, I got out of the house, went to therapy, went to cook a meal then realised I was too late for the butcher, just normal every day things, had a chat with my sister and mom.

What do you usually look forward to yourself?

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't have much going on in my life right now, but I can always change. I'm still here because I am feeling hopeful about the future.

8. Chalcie

Chalcie Member

Thank you for sharing. What forces me to wake up and go out are when I have to meet my boyfriend, my friends, and go to language school. Also when my whole week sucks, I look forward to Sundays, because I was assigned to a responsibility in the Church. With that great sense of responsibility, I am forced to wake up early and move.

But days like this wherein I don't have anything planned out for the day, my language class just ended.. I am just stuck in bed. Wishing I am more productive

9. Lorax

Lorax Well-Known Member

Work of all things. Learning lots of new skills lately. Plus hard work burns some energy. Saying hi to the girls (fish) driving with music blasting, free styling, ps4, everything but eating. No fun, just need to survive on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.