Is life worth living if you have no income, and you have no one that you care about?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sambo, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

I have no money/income or status, and I have no one that I care about. I can't even stack shelves at Walmart; I'm a high school dropout, and I've never had any job. I'm currently existing as a vassal to my father, whom I hate. I can't leave because I have no money. I despise almost everyone who's been close to me in my life, and I have no one whom I care for. I haven't had a friend since elementary school. Death to me seems logical, since we're all going to die regardless, and I don't wish to exist as a vassal. I will most likely never have a job or independence. I should also mention that I have Asperger's Syndrome.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Re: Is life worth living if you have no income, and you have no one that you care abo

There are many many people with aspergers that go on and lead productive lifes some are leaders and so can you be

3. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Re: Is life worth living if you have no income, and you have no one that you care abo

It is not solely my Asperger's that is the problem, though over 85% of people on the spectrum are unemployed. As I said, I'm also a high school dropout and I've never had a job. As an Aspie you have to make up for your nonexistent social skills with superb qualifications, and I have fewer qualifications than the average neurotypical. I've been applying to McDonald's, Walmart, Meat-packing places etc for years, but no response ever. It doesn't help that this city I live in is shit, with a high crime rate and a shit job market.

Another problem is that most Aspies have family, friends, someone they care about, something to live for. They're also typically intelligent and very good at something.
    As the quote goes, 'The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.' I have none of those things.

4. Bio

Bio Member

Hey Sambo,

I don't post a lot here, but I really feel sympathetic especially for you because I'm suffering all what you mentioned.
    Remember that life is always worth to live, why? It always in changing... Wheel of life!
    Even if it looks for you are not changing "just like me" but we have to keep the faith to enjoy the life in future.

Visit my profile and from there, you can see my thread.
    I just joined lately, have the same depressions and status as you.
    I would like to be your friend if it's okay for you, if so then send me private message.

Best wishes,

5. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

I've felt this way for several years. The whole 'just keep living because one day it might get better even though I don't know when how or why" thing doesn't do it for me. When I was naive, I told myself that for years, and it didn't happen. Things only worsened. Blind faith is never a good thing. Existing is pointless if I'm never going to have a source of income or be independent, and without an education, a skill, or incredible luck, that isn't going to happen for me. I despise everyone close to me in my life and I despise every moment that I'm living.

6. Bio

Bio Member

At least, to prove that you are strong.
    To fight, and make the change.

I don't speak English, so i can't explain very well.
    But please stay in this forum, people are really nice, and you can get help.

7. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

similar position. though i do not hate, i just feel little and not enough but that's not important.

caring about selves and wellbeing and life should have been/ be more of a priority, then would have and will have whatever is required to gain and improve these statuses and relations somehow

8. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

I can't even go to the bathroom in my own house. My family whom I'm forced to live with opposes everything I stand for, and I oppose everything they stand for. I have no allies, and my home is not a place of safety. All of this could be solved if I had money to leave. Alas, I have no money, and I likely never will. My life has been Hell everyday since my parents divorced when I was twelve. I would rather die than continue to live in this situation.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2014
  9. scaryforest

what about making something from something cheap or something you find that is free and selling it online for more
    idk this suggestion, would get you some pennies

10. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

I need money to live on, not pennies. Thanks for trying to help though. Basically I need to either get a job or I die.

11. scaryforest

nah, the pennies add up, need patience though

or people start an e-bay career by selling one pair of socks they got for 2£ for 4£ instead. adds up

n that's my two cent. or ten cent, or whatever the saying lol

12. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Well, what can make and sell that would earn me about as much as a minimum wage job would? (I live in the US btw)

13. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Do computer skills hold any interest for you Sambo? My friend's son had Asperger's and yet was a whizz at the computer and could have made his career out of doing that, working from home, not having to interact very much - it's only a suggestion - maybe your Dad could fund any necessary qualifications, is that on the cards?

14. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I have an idea that would make money, (except I've not got the time to follow it up, otherwise I'd be doing it right this moment) - it involves a sewing machine that does writing and basic embroidery - the method would be very simple to learn, and definitely you could match a minimum wage doing it - I could write more if you're interested.?

15. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Yes, computer skills do, though that's a very competitive field, and I'm not good at it. Cards? By qualifications I mean high school and college.

16. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Sure, I'll hear it.

17. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

One thing I'm curious on... you say you have to live with your parents/family and yet that none of you seem to really like or be friendly toward one another... is the only reason you have to stay with your family because of lack of money, or have the courts deemed it that way? If its just cuz of lack of money, perhaps you can check into some of the programs around the area you live in, apply for food stamps, maybe even SSI, etc.. to get you on your feet and into a place of your own?

18. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Yes, the only reason I have to stay here is because of my lack of money. I've never made a penny in my life. I've never been to court, I have no criminal record. Vocational rehab told me that I'm not eligible, SSI told me that I'm not eligible, and I don't qualify for food stamps as long as I live here. Besides, it's impossible to live on your own with just SSI; getting a minimum wage job would double your income, and minimum wage is below the poverty line. I'm mostly just looking to get a minimum wage job. If I can't get that I can't live really. Also as I said, this city is horrible. Lots of poverty, gang activity, and crime. I'd never make it homeless here.

19. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

I would never suggest you go homeless.. I have been homeless and that is nothing I would ever wish on anyone at anytime.. including my enemies.

If you don't mind I'd like to inbox you and send you a few more ideas ... just things that I have had to do/try ... nothing illegal, in fact its all very legal.. just that some ppl on these forums have ridiculed me for my choices on them in the past and I don't wish to have those kind of debates again.. I ask your permission to inbox because I don't wish to invade upon your sense of privacy/personal space in this forum. I will respect any choice you make on that... I do wish you well and hope you are able to come to a solution for this problem.. one that is both helpful to get you on your feet, out of the house, and continues to be something that is healthy for you to do. Please take care.

20. Sambo

Sambo Active Member

Sure, feel free to inbox me, I'd appreciate any help I could get.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.