Is Life Worth Living Knowing You'll Never Be In Any Loving Relationship....Ever?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by LetItGo, Aug 27, 2007.

?

Is Life Worth Living Knowing You'll Never Be In Any Loving Relationship...Ever?

1. Yes

114 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. No

251 vote(s)
    68.8%
  1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I want honest answers on this one. What do you honestly think, if you knew that you would never be with anyone...ever, do you think working, hobbies, friends etc would be enough to keep you going? Keep you alive? or would it be better to face reality, get shit faced, and do what you have to do?

2. If I knew for certain that I'd never be in a loving relationship in my life, I'd be dead.

3. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

How can anyone know that for certain? :blink: I have to vote yes, because things can change :smile:

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

But what if you just knew? Like its destiny, and that ugly word "fate" ?

I mean if you really knew in your heart of hearts thats how things would be for you...what then?

5. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Then your heart might be wrong. You'll never know what the future holds until the future is present. :unsure:

6. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on how much someone yearns for true love in their life, I have to say I need it now since I never had it before and I see love as the only thing that can really save me now. So if I am bound never to be in love ever, then I don't think I will wait anymore. Its just not worth it, at this time I still think there is a little chance though I believe I am just lying to myself.

7. Blackness

Blackness Guest

the only reason i hold on is in the hope that someday my life will change, some day someone will notice me.

If I knew now it would never happen then id wanna die asap.

8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

If it was my destiny not to ever fall in love or not to be in a genuine, loving relationship then I would still live on no matter what.
    I would be content knowing that others can still experience being in a loving relationship and besides, I would have other goals and dreams to chase.

Not being in a loving relationship ever would be one thing I would have to cross of but life is mysterious, so I would have many other things to look forward to

9. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

A tough one, but yes, that can be enough, but friends are the key, I have all the years since I was 17, I am now 40, been keeping folks at arms length, only this year have I made one true friend that has know I am gay, up front and he is straight, and he isn't bothered, ok he needed a friend fairly badly too at the time and once he has settled in a bit, he's only just moved here, no doubt, we will drift apart, he's only a young lad, but for me to be able to have a friend like that, like you do when you are young single lad, before things like girlfriends and wives get in the way, has been a real eye opener, I never thought I would have friends like that again, ever in my life, but I took a chance opened the door and let someone into my life again, we'll never lovers, well never have anything more than we have right now, in fact over time, it will probably fade, but I will just have to find other people to let into my life, when that becomes the case.

Will I ever be loved, possibly not, can the fondness you have for a friend, bring enough joy and happyness into you life, to overcome the lonelyness of not being in a sexual relationship with someone, then yes, that can be enough, well it's enough for me, its not ideal and I will have to be really carefull not to freak the lad out, by being too friendly, but it works for me right now.

If I can find one friend like that at my age, then surely I can find another, for me, going out and meeting new people, brings new opertunities, without friends I wouldn't do that, I hate going out on my own and just don't, so for me friends make me do things I wouldn't normaly do and that makes me happy.

10. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

If I would know for certain, life definitely would not be worth living. The only reason I keep getting my will to live, back, is when thoughts of the possibility of a relationship under true love, enter my mind... when I feel it won't happen, I want to die. That, really, most of the time is the reason, why I feel depressed or happy.

11. theres no reason why you cant be happy anyway because you never know who is around the corner, some1 culd love you but never have said anything.

12. Azul

Azul Well-Known Member

probably not.

13. gag

gag Well-Known Member

If a genie just came and told me I would never be in a loving relationship, I'd swallow a bottle of Tylenol and wish you all the best of luck.

14. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

Re: Is Life Worth Li In Any Loving Relationship....Ever?

i never been in any loving relationship and probably never will,but fuck i don't have friends either,i am asking myself what keeps me alive,fuck i don't know,but i know i wont live this life like this much longer,a part of me dying every day.

15. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

depends on what else you have imo.

16. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

I think it depends on your priorities in life. It'll be different from person to person.

For me one of, if not THE, highest goal in life is to have a girl I love to share it with. Too me that is very important, and something I have wanted for a very long time. So no if I knew, or convinced myself 100%, that I wasn't going to ever have that then life would know longer be worth living for me, as nothing could replace something that high in my priorities and goals.

17. brainstorm

brainstorm Well-Known Member

Don't use Tylenol.It hurts like hell. It destroys the liver into a pulp.

On topic: no, life wouldn't be worth living, but you never know. Until you're dead; then *I* know you'll never be loved. *You* won't know because you won't be here to know.

18. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

I have to say No on this one, for me anyway, one of my main goals is to have a loving relationship and a family, i dunno what i would do if that was not possible. if i was single i would obviously wait it out coz i know things can change and im very optimistic about meeting someone even when it seems hopeless. things can change! and besides you never know what the future holds. but if it was the case that i knew FOR A FACT, and WITHOUT A DOUBT, completely unwavering, 'i have seen the future', utterly undisputable, proof provided that i would NEVER meet someone, yeah, i would cap myself!

but i guess for other people their are more important things than babies and love.

19. ashla86

ashla86 Active Member

I say no. The situation I am in. I don't want to live knowing I am never going to be with anyone ever. I am too ugly.

20. gag

gag Well-Known Member

I'm one ugly bastard and I've managed to lure in my fair share of very good looking women.

You can do the same.