is life worth living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very recently since college ended, I have been thinking to my self...is it worth living anymore? Now before I go any further, I want to say that I'm a boy and 17 years of age.

Rewind back to December 2009, my life was I would say very decent. I was very popular amongst my fellow classmates, and everyone seemed to be treating me nicely. On Christmas eve however, it all changed. My 2 bestfriends turned against me, and along with them my other freinds turned against me aswell. And suddenly I became a 'loner' by the end of 2009. As it was my final academic year at school, with sixth form starting in September 2010, I spent all my free time in the schoo library and public library as I had no people to socialize with, not even on the internet. I did very nicely in my exams as a result, and was looking forward to college, where I would be having a fresh start, no one from my school was going to that sixth form college. The thought of making more friends, and going to loads of parties excited me. In reality when college did start, the situation was worse than it was when I was at school. I spent my days in the college library just reading anything and everything in my free time, just looking forward till the college day ended. Till about Christmas of 2010, it was the same, I didn't make any freinds, and I only knew a few people around the college most of whom were in my classes and never talked to me often. But by the time our winter break was over, and we were back at college, someone on my college bus came and sat down next to me, which was kinda weird as no one ever sat next to me on the college bus. Let's call her 'K'. We got to know each other and she invited me to sit with her freinds instead of sitting on my own. I accepted her invitation and as I was beginning to sit down I saw her friend, let's call her 'A'. And ever since January 2011, I got to hang about with 'K' and 'A' and they are the only two friends I have at the moment.

Now you might be thinking, your life is great why end it? I want to end it because when I get home my parents are always fighting, and partly because of me. Till I was about 14, my mum used to abuse me both verbally and physically. I'm 17 now, she doesn't abuse me physically anymore, but verbally. Everyday she would say that she wishes I was never born, that I should go kill myself, and curses me repeatedly. My dad on the other hand doesn't abuse me, but dictates my life with his 'opinions'. He only wants me to become a doctor or an accountant, and if I don't listen to him for whatever he takes my phone and grounds me so I can't go out. Grounding me doesn't affect me cos for the last year and a half, when I'm not at college, I stay inside my room, and I only get out to go to the kitchen when I get hungry. But when he takes my phone away, I have nothing else to do, so I always listen to what my dad says.

In may I had my exams, and although I prepared well for them, I messed up real bad in the exams. I'm sure I have got a pass, but that won't get me into medicine, and my dad won't be too pleased.

Apart from my two friends I have no one, I can never talk to my parents, and since its summer holidays, everyone is abroad, I'm spending every day and night on my own, with no one to talk to. Even if I do well in my exams my life would be dictated by my dad, which hardly makes it my life, and me making decisions for myself. So my life is pretty crap tbh in my opinion.

So again I ask myself, is it worth living anymore? And in my head I think no.

I posted here so I could get peoples views on what I could do to improve my situation, and I would really like to talk to someone. I have spent the last couple of days just crying in my room, cos at the moment I can't talk to anyone, I just sit in my room for hours just thinking to myself, with no one to talk to.

The reason I feel sucidal is that I'm always going to be controlled by someone, its always been the case, plus there seems to be no purpose in me living anymore.

I posted here a couple days ago but I can't access my account and was told by an admin to make a new one.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Hun you life will not always be dicatated by your dad You say you are 17
Eighteen you are an adult you can move out get a small place of your own and live your life hun talk to your mother okay tell your parents how sad you are
You know when you go off to college everything changes h un it does You meet people with your same interest and life start fresh again You can always come here hun okay to talk You are not alone now okay you can pm us anytime any of us Just know life does get better it changes okay hugs

Speedy

Staff Alumni
I read this and I thought I was tripping because I could have sworn I read this same post a few days ago and replied to it. Then, I saw your last sentence and breathed a big sigh of relief. :yay:

:hugtackles:

It is my pleasure to welcome you on your new account! :)

P.S. If anyone remembers reading his intro post on sarmad's other account, it is here for further reference:

http://suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=103494

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00