Is love a good enough rason?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hellogoodby, Aug 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellogoodby

hellogoodby Member

just over two years ago i left the girl i loved, and would do anything for, to live in another country to work, i was only 18, she was 17,, i always told her i would be back for her, a year later, i was back, all i thought about was her, and us being back to gether,, she had changed, all she does now is drink, and hooks up with any random guy she meets, i asked her about us, and she said there was no future,, she was "having fun without me". everyone knows her now as the girl who drinks to much, and is a slut,, and when i tried to talk to her about it, she said it was all my fault that she was like that, now all i think about is killing myself, i cut, and just cut. it makes me feel better.
    i told her about this, that i cut, and just want her to forgive me, but she just tells me to FF, i really want to end my life,, but i still love her, and dont want her to think it is my fault? so is love a good enough reason?
  2. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Good enough reason for what?
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

lst off her addictiions and drinking is not you fault she is using you as an excuse to justify her behavior. She is the one at fault she is chosing to do what she does no one else.
    Your cutting and telling her is not right either you are using her to justify what you are doing and making her feel guilty about this is not going to help matters.
    You need to get therapy on your own to get help to deal with your emotions and cutting issues
    Your friend needs to sign in to detox and get herself help maybe get some councilling on self esteem issues. I don't see how either of you can help each other until both of you are well
    Send her a letter expressing your concerns and that you will help her get into detox if that is what she wants you will support her to get well to get her life back on track. Do not let her get away with blaming you for anything tell her these are her choses alone and that all you want is her well and happy

take care remember get you well first okay
  4. xan

xan Chat Buddy

If you ask this question then it's not... not to end it all. She's changed and you have to change to, if it was first love I can understand why you are so hurt, but it'll get better eventually. Better to find out her true nature now than later? Just cut yourself off from her and try and find someone else who you can love and won't act like this.
  5. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:hug: i'm sorry this happened to you hun
    you should never end your life because of someone else - people affect us at different times in our lives and there will always be other people who make us feel similarly or just as strong in a different way.
    here if you need me :heart: xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.