Is my dad paranoid schizophrenia?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Angel12, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel12

    Angel12 Active Member

    I know for certain my Dad is suffering from delusions he is always accusing me of fighting with me and other people. He ask me "do you treat people the way you treat me" Why would he being asking a silly question if he wasn't suffering some from of mental health condition?

    I told my Dad about this tonight he complain that I was saying nasty things about him. Telling somebody they are suffering from delusion, paranoid schizophrenia mental health disorder isn't mean. Heck I have people who tell me I am crazy all the time and I never let it brother me.

    If anybody was being mean and saying nasty things it's my Dad but I never complain about it. He will called me every word in the book from clown to assholes. When I confronted my Dad about this he will break down or saying I am picking a fight with him (which I wasn't)

    I am worry that one day I'm going to say the wrong thing to my Dad he will perceived it as a attack and kill me for it. That is why he want me out of the house before something bad happens.

    He warn me that one day somebody was going to kill me because I yapped my mouth off which I don't.
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    No one can diagnose here only a doctor can do that Is there a councilor at your school you can talk to about your feelings about your father.
  3. Angel12

    Angel12 Active Member

    I am in college not in High School. I been to counselor before and they never really offer any advice or help.
  4. meaningless-vessel

    meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

    For this kind of situation, you are questioning your dads mental health. If he is not prepared to at least seek help or even listen to you, you cannot force him to as its not your life/right.

    That said, I concur with total eclipse - we are a peer to peer site, and professional support is often advised. It can take time to find a counsellor who is good for you, it's worth not giving up trying on.
  5. Angel12

    Angel12 Active Member

    I email a friend about my situation and he recommend I go to a Doctor. He had to go through the same situation with his parents because they were not able to take care of themselves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.