Is My Life Reality or Dream?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Confused_Tomboy, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confused_Tomboy

Confused_Tomboy Well-Known Member

Every day I feel that my life isn't real. I feel like I'm in a dream and I can't get out of it. I try to get my brain to relize that this is REAL life, but I can never grasp that concept, no matter how hard and much I try. I dnt know. Maybe this is all a dream, and I just can never wake up. It sure does seem like a dream the more I think about it. My past was hell, and now in my life is just pointless, so I guess my life is a dream...I dnt know any more!! i think I'll give up on life.....

2. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Ive been there, most times I feel like this is when I need to make a change and Im trying to figure out what needs to be changed, like a crossroad-hope that makes sense.

Hope to see more posts from you, maybe letting some of that childhood trauma out will help you release some of your anxiety.

3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I don't know too much about this, but I think there is a name for this condition. I hope that means that they have a way of treating it too.

Maybe you could ask on the general disorders forum?

4. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

hi confused tomboy...i am lurking at the mo...but your post made me want to reassure you. i too suffer with nothing being real or not sure what is going on and dont know how i got here or there..it is a condition...detachment / derealisation / depersonalisation. it is weird when it happens and hard to understand...but is part of anxiety / depressive conditions, so first of all dont be afraid of feeling unreal just tell yourself if you can that its just that you are feeling anxious and stressed and it will pass in time. in the meantime, discuss with your doc who may prescribe meds or therapy. you dont need to struggle with these feelings without help. take care:console:

5. Confused_Tomboy

Thnxs icequeen. But It's getting worse everyday and I can't talk with anyone because I have no idea how to talk with people. So I know there's no help for me. But thnxs for your concern, but you shouldn't be concerned or worried about me because I'm not important and I'm just invisable to everyone....

6. starryeyed

starryeyed Well-Known Member

Depersonalisation is a symptom of schizophrenia.you might need anti psychotics.i dont know if it happens with other illnesses

7. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

confused tomboy...you cant be invisible to everyone, as peeps here responded to your post...many of us here have found it difficult to relate and talk in rl which is why we came here...but talk to your doc...he/she can arrange the therapy or give you meds you need. in the mean time, keep posting here and if peeps can suppport you they will. take care

8. Confused_Tomboy

I'm talking with my doctors and my workers, and it isn't working...I tell them truth and they just suggesst the same damn thing every time, which is keep taking your med that you're on and it'll work, we'll that's been years upon years, and it still doesn't work...im giving up on reality, dream, what ever the hell it is.....

9. Gingie

Gingie Active Member

Hey try to use some grounding techniques whenever you feel like you are in a dream. They should help you a lot.

10. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

I get derealization and depersonalization if I'm really, really stressed, like my life is totally falling apart on all fronts. It's not necessarily schizophrenia. I'm not psychotic. Some pdocs think I have borderline personality and it can be a symptom of that. Except, it's like I'm only borderline when severely stressed and depressed and bpd isn't supposed to come and go so, I don't know. I kind of thought it was cool at the same time as being freaked out by it. It's like the mind has a very creative way of helping you cope with that which you cannot cope with, through regular defense mechanisms. Just think of it as a creative coping mechanism that your mind has come up with . It'll go away when you don't need it anymore.

11. Confused_Tomboy

That's the problem..I'm in the dream 24/7...nothing is real..nothing....and if nothing is real, then im not real...and if im not real, but here right now, then i need to die!!

12. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

No, you see, if you're not real, then nothing really matters, so you can just relax. Don't stress about your problems cause if you're not real, then neither are they. I used to just feel like a detached observer to my own life, like it wasn't really happening to me, but to someone else, so why stress about it?

13. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

How does needing to die follow from not being real but being here right now?

14. Confused_Tomboy

If I'm here, but not real, then i'm still here either way. The only way to not be here is to die. And I'm going along with that concept.

15. Confused_Tomboy

Yes, exactly, since nothing's real, and doesn't matter, then I dnt matter. So since I dnt matter, in the real or fake world, then I have to die.

16. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

How does anybody really know what's real? I know I exist and you exist in my reality. Does that make you real to anybody else? I don't know. Maybe I'm the only one who really exists and everybody and everything else are just pre-programmed pieces of my reality for me to interact with. It's a mystery.

And in my reality you don't need to die.

17. Confused_Tomboy

ty...but u dnt know me..and everyone who knows me despises me....not hate, and not even loaths...D E S P I S E S me!! so i have to die...there's no going round that fact..im going to die..and yes..everyone dies, but my death is going to be really really sooner the later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.