Is my relationship over?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by ~Claire, Feb 21, 2009.

1. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I have been with my fiance now for almost 5 years. In the beginning things were amazing but things happened very quick. We were living together within 6 weeks & engaged after 5 months.

But now, we're more like flat mates than anything else. We haven't slept together for 3 years now & we pretty much live seperate lives now, with him preferring to spend all his time with his friends or with his parents.

I know it's all my own doing as I have pushed him away but I am just so lonely. My family don't think much of him & sometimes I don't have the energy to defend him anymore.

Nobody in real life knows about my depression apart from work so it's not like they know I feel so bad & suicidal all the time. Some times I think they must be blind, as it's obvious I am hurting & nobody seems to realise that especially my fiance.

My CPN & therapist have said I've not to make any decisions over my relationship whilst I am depressed as it could be the depression talking, but I dunno anymore.

Is my realtionship normal or am I just biding my time until either I kill myself or he dumps me :sad:?
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

what is it you want to happen, do you love him enough to fight for this or can you see no future in this, i can give my opinion but i am a bit scared to as i dont want to hurt you hun.
  3. ~Claire

I'd appreciate your honesty please Andy :hiding:
  4. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

it'll be in a pm
  5. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

Claire, it sounds as if you've drifted apart, but that doesn't mean its not fixable.
    You have to decide what you want. is this relationship worth fighting for? Don't give it up for the wrong reasons. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

If you need to talk, you know where I am.
  6. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

hey claire x
    i think you need to let him know.. some men are a bit y'know clueless lol unless it is undre his nose. you need to talk you two before you even make that decision if at all.. sounds like you do not communicate at all..

tell him.. everything

what do you have to lose...
    if he is your fiance he should be your number one supporter...

sam x
  7. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Perhaps this has something to do with when you pushed him away. In any case, talking to him and letting him know how you feel might open up some doors.
  8. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Hun, you need to let him in and tell him exactly whats going on. One of the most important things in a relationship is communication and it sounds like you don't have a lot if none going on. I know it's hard but try not to push him away. Sometimes its the people who you push away that are the ones that can help the most.

Vikki x
  9. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

have replied with pm x :hug:
  10. ~Claire

Thanks for your replies everyone :grouphug:.

Sorry it's taken a few days to reply but my head has been all over the place.

I think I want to make it work, I just need to get the courage to tell him about how I've been.

To say I am sh!tting myself is a major understatement.

Thank you guys, you are all amazing :heart:

Claire xx
  11. ~Claire

Ignore the above post.

Thought I could go back & edit but my hour is up.

Fucked up again.