Is my WILL valid if done during my depression?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by History, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. History

History Well-Known Member

I just got my will done as I am on the brink of committing suicide and am currently severely depressed. ANyone here knows whether a Will that is done under depression is valid of not? I intend to die once i cannot take it anymore which would be within a few months , maybe 1 to 2 after this will. Would it be valid?
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I don't know the answer to your question. But are you willing to talk about what's going on and why you want to kill yourself?
  3. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

As I understand it a will is valid if made by a person of sound mind and signed by two witnesses who do not benefit from the will.
  4. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

....i do not know the answer to your question. i think you need legal advice, and you may be able to get it answered, in an anonymous way. you could also pose the question, as if you are planning to contest a will, yourSELF, (ie;, that it was someone else that had the will)

that being said. i don't want you to kill yourself. and i would love to know more about you, and why you are feeling so low and desperate.

you can pm me, if you want to talk. i'll be around for awhile at the moment, then back later, and i answer all my private messages.

or you could post more, and i hope you will, about what is going on with you, specifically.

there are SO many warm , real people here on the forum, that you can lean on for support, until you get to a better place in your life. please lean on us and let us help you.
    i care about what happens to you, and i am not the only one.

please talk with us hon. . .. xxx
  5. History

History Well-Known Member

Well, as a start, I'm in my late 30s. Changed more than 17 jobs in various industries due to my inability to copy with slightest work pressure. Every company that I worked with will eventually lead me to resigning due to panic and inability to cope with my workload. I have changed so many jobs in so many industries until I have no where else to go and my resume is so scarred with such short periods of employment in so many many companies until I dont think anyone will ever hire me again. I am mentally weak and not like other normal people. I can't take pressure. My current job terrorizes me so much so that I get nightmares and anxiety attacks in the wee hours in the morning and I cringe and curl in bed. I took a months unpaid leave and since then everyday, the thoughts of the work that I'm involved in traumatizes me. The fears are overwhelming and I really need to quit. But if I quit, I've got no where to go anymore, no one will hire me but if I dont quit, I get extreme anxiety attacks so much so that I can't even work. I'm caught in between, damned if I don't quit and damned if I do. So I took unpaid leave and laid in bed for weeks, day and night wanting to die. Then the feelings became worse and worse and I became severely depressed and extremely suicidal. I can't work and I see no way out. I tried to think of other options but there is none. I check the papers for vacancies and I dont fit into anyone of them and even if the position is right for me, when I submit my 'scarred' resume, they wouldnt call. And If I were to successfully go through the interview, just a simple reference check to my ex-companies will reveal that I left due to mental problems (depression and anxiety attacks). So there is really no way out. I'm so desperate to die that I got my will written. I dont have a choice unlike others. I have no more choices and no more money. I'm born in this world with a mental defect of can't cope with any pressure and any pressure will lead to panic and major depression. I'm meant to die a s a suicide. I feel so trapped lately. Lying down in bed for a few weeks hasnt done much at all. I only want to die, thats the only way for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.