Is Neurofolin in Australia the same active as Deplin in the USA?

Hi folks,

I've been looking into taking an l-methylfolate supplement and was curious if anyone knows if there is any major differences in the active for Neurofolin as Deplin?

I'm in Australia and from what I can gather that is the main option here.

Thanks for your help,

JJ

If anyone is interested I have done some calling around to the Neurofolin distributor Mylan to find out some more information on the differences between Neurofolin and Deplin.

So Deplin is only sold in the USA and is in pill form and contains the following depending on the dose:

Each DEPLIN® 7.5 capsule contains 7.5 mg of Lmethylfolate (from Metafolin®)* and 90.314 mg Algae-S powder (Schizochytrium).
Each DEPLIN® 15 capsule contains 15.0 mg of Lmethylfolate (from Metafolin®)* and 90.314 mg Algae-S powder (Schizochytrium).*CAS#151533-22-1

Neurofolin contains l-methylfolate 15.0 mg as well and the following:

Food acid (citric acid), mineral salts (sodium bicarbonate, sodium carbonate), glucose syrup solids (rice), inulin (from chicory), natural flavour, sweetener (sucralose), vegetable gum (xanthan gum), natural colour (safflower extract), vitamins (L-methylfolate calcium, cyanocobalamin).

My what I can tell Neurofolin is in a powder format that you can mix while Deplin is in pill format (which explains some confusion in my initial thinking).

On the Neurofolin site they say that "Unlike some tablet formulations, Neurofolin has been specifically formulated for the dietary support of depression management and contains 15 mg of L-methylfolate." but I don't know enough about this to comment.

Any way still tossing up if I give it a go or not but I will keep you guys posted after I speak to the pharmacist.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00