is not cutting worse than cutting?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by whynotme?, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whynotme?

whynotme? Well-Known Member

I have been a cutter for 8 years now and i have never wanted to stop. I am a "happier" person when i am cutting. recently though i have tried to stop because i have a son who is becoming more aware of things and a boyfriend who, bless him for trying, is always a little taken a back by me in the best of situations.

i am now concerned that by not cutting up in such a long time, when i eventually do give in and cut up (which i know i will) will i be able to refrain and just do the cuts i would normally or will my body, mind and soul all wish me to do more to make up for not having done it in so long. Or will i just feel this enourmous sense of what i have been missing and have to go on to continue to apease that longing and missing?

i am scared now because i have always been so "in control" of my SH and now i dont know if i can be...

2. Drew

Drew Member

Well, on base self harm is medical wrong, also psychologically. However unless you are god fearing, it is not morally.
    I wonderful exponge of all this pent up anger and emotion is war sports. Like paintball, airsoft, and archery. Ones that you cannot intentional hurt yourself playing. The want to cut runs deep, and is an addiction more harmful then Methanphetamine. Throw out all your blades, and dawn a paintball mask. It helps me greatly. Something about dodging fast moving balls of pain, and this vibe you feel while you play is unexplainable.
    Same goes for archery, when I shoot I feel as though the arrow is an extension of myself, as much as I am an extension of it...Its an amazing feeling.
  3. sui caedere

sui caedere Well-Known Member

well im not sure on that one myself i used to cut myself a lot but i have not done it for 12 years.

but not to sound weak or anything my life at this time is just shit i was all most hit by a car today and i was pissed off it mist me.

when i used to cut myself seeing and feeling the blood flow made me feel all my problems were flowing out of me at the same time it used to make me fell better.

so what do i do noe carry on with the a.d's and risk killing myself or start cutting again as this used to be the only thing that used to make me feel better.
  4. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Cut meat...a.k.a. COOK. It's not like cutting yourself, but it's still great and you get to eat it :)
  5. rwillson

rwillson Well-Known Member

this may sound odd... i think if someone stops cutting because they have reason to, like trying to improve them self or things are getting better it is good. now this is where it gets odd, if someone quits cutting because it no longer seems to work, there is no longer the sense of relief or control, i feel it is time to get help...

6. ybt

ybt Guest

You're just saying that because men are lazy fuckers :tongue:
  7. incombustible2000

incombustible2000 Well-Known Member

what ever the last response to this post was about men being lazy fuckers, no idea what the means... umm

good luck no idea what to say.... but good luck there must be someway to over come this hopfully you can find it, or a happy medium... to go from somewhere see ya anyway
  8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Hehe...It would be nice for someone to cook for ME once in awhile :)
  9. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

No, cutting is definitely worse than cutting. And I know how you feel. I was actually worried about the same thing. But, the thing is...when you stop and then start up again later...your body will generally realize what is going on...and so you wont over do it. But, either way, you should try to stop. Bonne Chance (Good luck).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.