Is obama stupid?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Pasta08, Jun 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

2. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Election stunt or not, it's still a reasonable move in my opinion so far. I intend on reading the actual executive order to see what's in it for myself before falling fully behind it, but it seems fair at face value. I'm gonna look into it.
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I don't see this as a stupid move....I mean if they've been here as children and educated here, why send them back into a world they are not accustomed to, sometimes that world is more dangerous than here...

we had a guinean family here, where the children were here for like five years and their visa expired...the woman had two teen girls...and if she went back, that meant that the girl would be forced to marry before they reach 18 and they would have to have a surgery performed on their clitoris, mainly removing it either by the husband himself or by professional...those people should not have been sent back but they were...

so what obama is doing is a great thing in my opinion....
  4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I have to agree with the others. This is not really a stunt persay. Immigration reform has always been on the table. I know Utah batted it around. How that turned out I can't remember. But the issue of allowing people to have children here, only to have them deported is a big issue.
  5. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I do think it's something they've been talking about doing for a while. Immigration reform has been debated for years, and nobody has really done anything about it so far. I agree that it's probably at least partially an election year stunt - that really is what most political decisions are, anyway... it has nothing to do with policy or what's good for the country, it's all about votes and re election... but that goes for both parties. To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole immigration subject... I do feel for the people who are coming here trying to find a better life, but at the same time I do believe in border security and the people who come here should go through legal channels to obtain citizenship... but as for how the country is going to absorb these people - they've already been absorbed. They already live here, and have for years. They're already working and going to school here and enjoying most of the perks of living in America... probably the only thing they're not currently doing is paying taxes. So I really think that ultimately it's a moot issue.
  6. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

Good for them . But what about employment based immigration where there is a huge back log of legal immigration petitions. There are thousands people who are already in US, graduated from US universities with bachelors, masters and pHD's, paying taxes, buying houses and patiently waiting in line for decades to get their work permits, green cards and citizenship lawfully. They have kids too who have aged out and cannot be filed as dependents. Is there a reason why they should be penalized for following the law and paying thousands of dollars into the system ?

This is clearly a case of vote bank politics.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2012
  7. BeautifullyChaotic

BeautifullyChaotic Well-Known Member

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name,
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is on the Statue of Liberty, it is the promise America made to the world... how shameful that many have turned their backs on this promise, and kudos to Obama for refusing to follow.
  8. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

To be honest, I think that the people who oppose this are stupid.

This is about crushing/bankrupting companies who regularly exploit illegals as cheap, silent, easy-to-control labor.

Legal workers are protected workers.

Obama was trying to do this in 2009 as well-- look it up. It's not just a 'stunt to pull in votes', and even if it were, it's a good one... and I really don't think that the Republicans are above playing politics either.
  9. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

But if they let them stay, lots of poor, lazy, retarded racists in the south will loose der jeeeerbs!
  10. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Aggh-- they do think that, don't they?

Little do they know, a big part of why they can't get jobs is because the ones that they're actually qualified for are being taken by cheaper, quieter, hassle-free illegals.
  11. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

:) so if we put alot of the crap aside and look at an overview.. america is saying, if you want to make a better life for yourself, and you are willing to drive it, you are welcome in our country, because you house one of the better qualities of what makes people in america, americans.

That's how I take that. I see alot of shit that's going to crack off simply because the nation has realistic issues with culture, finances, ect that are associated to foriegn workers. But the concept that these people want something more in their life, and a country is willing to give it to them and show them the respect they deserve? That's not being american, that's being Human, and that's brilliant that your country is biting the bullet in the moment, to share that with the world.
    :( Sucks for the shit that's going to rattle about and hurt peoples lives. Im sure if there was a way of making sure there were no ill side effects, your country would do it. It's progressive, and it's respectful, with a hint of american indoctrination trying to cover the fact that this is something all countries should strive to do in some sense.

As far as illegal immigrants taking born american jobs? That's a lack of life inspiration for the American people. These people coming into your country know what suffering and hardship feels like, and the little that they can earn and achieve, is more precious to them than the "basic" necessities of some people. That whole situation is messy. But that's what happens when people are living a dream life, but forgetting, that dream life is built, and not always going to be there. Unless you fuel the dream, per say.
  12. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

i say, GET OUT!
  13. Ptitz

Ptitz Well-Known Member

Dumb as a bag of bricks. This commie will run your country into oblivion.
  14. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

I can't stand Obama- SOB.
    Our country is completely screwed if he gets re-elected. I'm praying and hoping that doesn't happen.
    Go see Obama's America 2016.
  15. justMe7

Do you think your country is going to change for the better depending on who acquires the Presidential position?
  16. lightbeam

The country is fucked either way. My parents were watching the Democratic National Convention for the past two nights. It's all talk, no action. People will say everything and anything to get elected in this country. None of what they say is true. Fucking liars. But people will shamelessly vote all party. With a 400,000 dollar salary, you figure that they would actually do what they were paid to do. But no, politics infiltrate eveything.

It fuckng sucks.
  17. Autumn01

Absolutely. If Romney is elected (crossing fingers) we have hope and our country can start getting on the right track.
    If Obama is elected again all hope is gone and we are in deep sh**!
  18. Autumn01

I think we have a chance with Romney.
    But Obama no way- his plan is to completely destroy our country.

Please vote Romney.

I'm sorry about your son :( He died on my birthday.
  19. lightbeam

I won't vote to Romney, becuse he is a Morrmon. He lies out of his ass, and he only listens to the suits in Salt Lake (the Mormon heirarchy). Not to mention, people are still fawning over the whole Bain Capital thing. He cut jobs. He made the wealthy even moreso. It pisses me off. And people think it's some great thing.
  20. justMe7

How do you think Romney is going to make America better?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.