Is obama stupid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autumn01

How do you think Romney is going to make America better?
Well Romney will cut spending and get us moving forward.
Obama however has put us in more debt than any other president. Obama's ideals for our country aren't anything like any other democrat even.
Obama doesn't want America to be America anymore- he would never say that outright though of course. Obama will say anything for votes but yet does the damn opposite as he wants our country equal with third world countries. That is why he is spending every which way possible. We will be ruined and never recover.

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
Well Romney will cut spending and get us moving forward.
Obama however has put us in more debt than any other president. Obama's ideals for our country aren't anything like any other democrat even.
Obama doesn't want America to be America anymore- he would never say that outright though of course. Obama will say anything for votes but yet does the damn opposite as he wants our country equal with third world countries. That is why he is spending every which way possible. We will be ruined and never recover.
And giving the rich even more tax breaks is going to help the country, how?

justMe7

Romney is going to bring more job growth in, eliminate some taxes and reduce some taxes. That has to be done in order to help our economy.
Er, that sounds like the platform for what every politican has said since forever. Very general..

So, he's going to cut which taxes and reduces which taxes? If that's true, how are they going to compensate for the lack of income being taken into the system? Usually comes from funding cuts...

Idk, do you have anything specific for why you support Romney? Only reason I ask, is cause I'm actually curious as to how he gained your support, and also to keep a track record for how their promises really turn out.

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Autumn01 said:
[Ignorant shit about how a rich Republican cares about us.]
Shut up! You sound stupid. Everybody and their momma's has been promising "job growth" and that classic "I will not raise taxes" line for two decades. Get your head out of your POOR ass. Unless you are upper middle class and have some capital and high-value assets, you reap absolutely no benefit from supporting a man who wants you to live in a third world shit hole with no houses, no schools, no plumbing, no air, no clean water, no hospitals, no doctors, everybody's burning money for a loaf of bread, 70 percent of the population being homeless. Get that shit the fuck up out of here. I certainly don't support Obama, but you've got to be an even more gullible idiot to support these rich Republicans who don't have any of us "have-nots" in their best interest. If you want to endorse the agenda to blow up even more people in the world and make living generally more and more difficult for the greater populace, financially and socially - with plenty of prejudice to go around to restrict basic human rights from everyone - then you go ahead and show us exactly what greedy, thoughtless idiots have been doing to this country since 1963.

I don't have the patience to make a rational argument with these irrational people. I just can't do it anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

justMe7

I know it's frustrating prin, but don't lose your cool. Be better than it..
People who believe in these politicians arent the problem.

lightbeam

Antiquities Friend
I vote for Nader almost chronically. I don't care about the majority of people that back either candidate. So neither one gets my vote. 'I'm throwing my vote away', they say. What happens when I don't believe anything that comes out of repub or dems mouths?

Autumn01

No, I'm not stupid and you have no right coming in here and being rude. Mind your own business if you can't be nice to another member of this site.

Obama is the one that wants our country the (U.S.) to be a third world country like Kenya ect.... And majority of Americans still want to vote for the SOB. They are the stupid clueless ones.

each American has their own right to an opinion. Here on sf we reserve that right. Please dont be rude to anyone because of it. Politics it's self isnt an unpleasant topic, but people who let it become heated make it an unpleasant conversation :( i wish i could put my opinion here, but will i too be told to shit up, or be called stupid or clueless?

Autumn01

each American has their own right to an opinion. Here on sf we reserve that right. Please dont be rude to anyone because of it. Politics it's self isnt an unpleasant topic, but people who let it become heated make it an unpleasant conversation :( i wish i could put my opinion here, but will i too be told to shit up, or be called stupid or clueless?
Prinn,
Is the one who came in and started being rude.

gloomy

Account Closed
Romney is going to bring more job growth in, eliminate some taxes and reduce some taxes. That has to be done in order to help our economy.
If for some terrible reason Romney is elected, I'd be willing to bet that the tax rate for the majority remains the same, and meanwhile a few of Romney's friends get some really big breaks. They will NOT use these break to create jobs domestically, and will instead open up more factories in China, or energy companies in Canada, etc… they'll keep Americans as poor as possible while convincing them that everything is fine and selling them iPods and new cars and worthless degrees which will all be paid for by worthless credit, and the banks/government will be forced to once again buy the credit from the 'too big to fail' companies who now know that they've got the entire world by the balls

Obama is too weak to stand up to them, Romney is their goddam best friend, and Mr. Joe Average is too stupid to stop giving them the pithy amounts of money that he is still able to make, plus the credit that gives him the illusion that he has more money than he could ever hope to really make.

The entire American economy will collapse, and Romney's pals will flee to their tax havens and enjoy selling their products to the newly strong Chinese market… at least until the Chinese start demanding more rights and better pay, then they'll go back to the now desperate Americans and force them to be slaves and work for peanuts-- and it will be an unending cycle of breaking economies, profiting from cheap labor during times of desperation, and then selling to the richest buyers.

Obama is not stupid, but he is a weak leader. Romney IS stupid and probably evil, and does not care about people. The only person who even resembled a real leader was Ron Paul… and he's out.

It's an enormous shitstorm and there's no way around it.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadeOfGlass

I'm worried about Romney, because he says that he will cut taxes (for the upper class, typical Republican), and then fill that deficit by fixing loopholes in tax returns. Now, he won't say which loopholes he'll fix, but don't worry, you'll find that out after he gets elected. No need for details now, really, he'll tell you later. Basically, he goes off every Republican financial plan that never really works in the long run. And this is just finance.
When it comes to women's rights, oh lord I am honestly scared if he gets elected. He does not support equal pay for equal work for women, he doesn't support life saving programs such as Planned Parenthood, and he doesn't respect a women's own right to choose what she does with her own health.
From an LGBT standpoint, since running for the Presidency, he has made his view against marriage equality fit in with the GOP. Also, let's not forget that he and his friends pinned down a kid in college and cut off his hair and harassed a kid, not because he was gay, but because they thought he was gay.

It just frustrates me how there can be so many things wrong with the Romney/Ryan ticket, without even touching on all of Ryan's issues (which there are many of them).

And also that one of the main crutches is that they keep saying that "Are we better off than we were four years ago? NO!"

Actually, we kinda are. We're most definitely not okay yet, but as a country we are on the mend. During the last months of the Bush Administration, after the worst economic crisis we've seen in decades, we were losing around 340,000 jobs a month. That downward spiral stopped and started turning around throughout 2009, under the Obama administration. The housing market is improving, and things are slowly getting better. They're just choosing to ignore certain facts.
Now, has there been waste in the Obama administration? Of course. Just like every other presidency. That's what happens. But he was handed a pretty shitty situation when he came to office and he's been doing a damn fine job of trying to put it back together.
Not to mention he treats women like equal human beings who are smart enough to make their own health care choices and not have old white males who can't even say "vagina" make those choices for them. Just saying.

I am not 18 yet so I can't vote. But if I were I would definitely vote for Obama and urge others to do the same because I am scared of what will happen if we have Romney in the Oval Office for four years; and that's the truth.

Drake

maybe cause those 800k people are already there working for low wages , and doing jobs the upper middle class refuse to do !
I mean they have so much time discussing how dumb Obama is , How China the biggest money loaner of US , should be there enemy .

Since America needs a imaginative enemy to keep there billion dollar war machine economy going !
Lets not discuss how stupid Politcis has become in the US with slanders and stupidity , just to fill there own pockets .
God forbid I mean something logical is done , but conservatives need to take a agressive approach on anything logical .
Sorry soap box , so the real question is Americans themself becoming so stupid , that the rest of the world are laughing at them .
Obama in that sense seems quite normal and ok to the rest of the world .
But yeah it is American themself that are being the laughingstock now behind the screens of politics .
Maybe time to throw the nukes , before they crumble to pieces ? nukes do have a life expectancy too ...
Soon those missiles are useless ;)

I think you are absolutely right. The politicians are just playing out their own little dramas, vying for power and wealth and making their decisions based on what's in it for them personally. These people just seem to be so far removed from the realities of the average person's life, they can't even imagine the struggles that average people go through.

The proliferation of media platforms like TV and the Internet have made it all worse because human beings are so heavily influenced by visual imagery. Candidates don't need substance, just style. They have to look good and speak in a polished way, and display all the right personal qualities in public.

Great presidents of the past could never get elected now because having good hair, being tall and looking presidential are far more important than being competent and being able to motivate people to work for the common good. FDR? Abe Lincoln? It's a good thing they didn't have to campaign on TV or put out YouTube videos because their physical imperfections would have doomed their campaigns.

No one gives a hoot if the candidates have any real character or substance because no one can see past the carefully manipulated public image these people present. They don't even pretend they are trying to keep their promises any more. They just say whatever will get the most votes, and then toss all their promises out the window once elected.

More than anything else, I think the only way to improve the situation would be to disband the parties and make everyone run as independent. Then make it so working and middle class candidates have equal footing with the wealthy. Third, eliminate media imagery and let the candidates run on the strength of their ideas and accomplishments. I mean, don't even let people see the candidates and don't give people a chance to judge them based on appearances. Go back to radio, where great ideas count for more than straight teeth and shiny hair.

I know that's never going to happen, but I think it's the only way we will ever have a truly great president again. Am I radical or what? You have to admit, I am thought-provoking.

Drake

Awesome it is not radical , it is logical and realistic what you say !

Sorry in this time when people all think about me meself and I , look at this forum itself as a mini world .
Then you cannot fault the politicians to be me meself and I people .
Since they are the reflection of what we the sane people brought up , gave power too , and then they corrupted everything !

Sorry time for a change want politicians who really represent there countries , represents true ideals of humanity .
Stop looking for excuses and bailing out banks and cooperate cause they really run the world .
Sorry tired of the crap , even kids of 12 know the world is messed up , nothing grown up do make sense anymore .

All diversions and soap and fake drama , come on the people needs a change , something postive or else lets just throw the nukes .
Cause soon there isn't even enough money to maintain and keep enough nukes as a detterrent !
The funny thing is , they probaly would throw around nukes , before giving up power .

itachi

Although im not American I think the puppeteers behind the presidents chair are more worrying than the president himself.

If you think the gazillions of campaign dollars come without a pricetag you are being naive.
This whole world is run by lobbyists not by polititians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00