Is piercing self harm??

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by blackfire, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

I have had piercings before, but took them out for job reasons. I want to get my cartilage pierced again and get my tongue pierced. I was wondering how many have pierced before and if so, is a tongue piercing a good idea. My parents flipped when I got them the first time. I REALLY don't care though.
  2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

A tongue piercing is something that doesn't really appeal to me and I wouldn't get it done.. I don't like the thought of something metal sticking through my tongue, risk of infection and not eating/drinking comfortably.. would drive me crazy! But, if you want it done.... go for it.

As for is piercing self harm. I think I started a thread asking this a looooong time ago. It probably depends on the person, but at the end of the day it involves pain and some people enjoy the pain and they may even go back for more so yeah I guess it can be classed as self harm.
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Guess it depends on your intentions... :unsure: Some people who get tattoo's a peircings hate the pain, and some lik it, and I think the reason they do is because it's almost an acceptable way of doing it to some.. Just varies..
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Ehh. I have 8 piercings and I want more, but the pain, the pain isn't the same, it's not the same feeling for me, not the same release.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.