Is politics a religion? Why or why not?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Daphna, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I kinda feel as though politics is its own religion. From what I have seen and heard from those who are very political, none here, they put their complete trust and confidence in government and what government can do for them. They zealously defend their political parties, and their stance on worldly issues. All in all it is my opinion that it mimics religion in various faiths that have deities they treat with the same respect, hope, and expectations. I do respect and expect others may not feel this way and I am curious to these views. Thank you for reading.

2. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

Religion requires faith to believe in an unprovable idea
    Politics requires trust in the elected members...
    Religious ideas are fixed and stagnate
    Political ideas are more fluid in order with the society/culture

Totally different

3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

politics is everywhere. no matter what religion you are, somehow, somewhere, it affects you in someway. so no.... i don't believe it is

4. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Thank you for your participation. Your views are appreciated for their individuality. I would like to point out that faith is another word for trust. Those who have a belief system that requires faith could be worded the same as belief systems that require trust. They have to trust in what they believe, and this is why it is referred to as their faith. Blessings..

5. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I thank you for your participation. Your views are appreciated for their unique
    qualities. Politics is everywhere I agree 100%. And it affects everyone despite their beliefs or lack of beliefs. Blessings..

6. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Depends on where you are coming from in my opinion. I would not truly call politics a comparison to religion bluntly like that, but rather religion and politics are in the same frame work as "control". Passing ideals and enforcing positions. They try, or atleast politics tries very hard to stay away from religion in the western world because it embraces a more logical and equal balance approach from it's point of view. Where as religion or beliefe employs a much different source than what politics does.

Can't say I like either, but they maintain a deep facade aspect of stability and control which people build off of in their own ways. imo

7. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I thank you for your unique position. Thank you so much for sharing. Your contribution is appreciated. Blessings..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.