Is self harm only physically hurting yourself?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by kristellechou, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kristellechou

kristellechou Well-Known Member

Because I'm supposed to be staying away from triggers but just Friday night, i went to my ground zero and now I'm watching the Oscars on HBO when I know there are so many things on here that would remind me of him.

This has got to be a form of self harm.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

self harm does not have to be just physical no self harm can be emotional harm as well
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That is a very good question, I never thought of it like that. I'm looking forward to the replies on this thread :) Great thinking.
  4. DarlingIAdoreYou

DarlingIAdoreYou Active Member

Self harm is more then just physical harm. Self harm is like a drug. Its an addiction. You start to think that the only way to get rid of your pain is by harming you. Also later on in life, your scars will come back to haunt you. You'll look at them and then you'll think of your past and it will break you down. And that can some how be harming to yourself
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Self harming like the others say is physical and mental. Each day is tough but you have to remain positive. It's takes time to get over something and it's about perseverance. Be safe and keep posting for support from us.!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.