Is suicide a bad thought

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by wastedmylife, Aug 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

suicide is the only thing that make me happy, just thinking of kiling myself makes me happy, maybe it is because I have all these horrible physical problems in addition to the mental regrets and could have been should have been unresloved issues I have to live with

But the only thing that keeps me sane is telling myself I am going to kill myself

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I wouldn't say it makes me happy, but it is comforting in the sense that I know it is an option that I can control unlike everything else in my life right now. I dont think it is a bad thought but it is unfortunate that people have to feel this way.

3. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Thinking of suicide is not much of a comfort to me anymore. Within the past two years I've been resigned to it and secretly attempted it six months ago. In this light I've been "preparing" family and friends for it. No matter how delicately I've introduced the subject, sugar coated it or try to spin it as a humane act everyone reacts with the same crying, begging, threats to follow me or calls to my psychiatrist.

I am certain at this time suicide is my eventual destiny but because it leaves behind such brutal pain and ruined lives I am turning to every measure I know to never act on it.

4. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

why do you call it a humane act, are you in any physical pain?

5. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

abcdefg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2008
  6. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Some pain, I've accumulated some physical problems but what would be "humane" would be to end the torture of severe OCD, crippling anxiety and depression. It would be humane- an act of self love to prevent my world from shrinking further and stopping the decline of my most basic abilities to function as an independent adult.

7. Mortem

Mortem Well-Known Member

Mmmyeah, I agree. It's simply something to look forward to, which is a rather important thing for a great many people, I suppose it brings some sort of motivation and keeps that goal striving mechanism in their head going. Seneca put it rather elegantly; death is the release from all pain and complete cessation, beyond which our suffering will not extend. It will return us to that condition of tranquility, which we had enjoyed before we were born.

I suppose this comment wasn't exactly uplifting, just wanted to let you know that I have an idea what it's like. I'm very much in the same state, minus the issues.

As for your physical and mental issues, would you be interested in sharing what these issues are?
    Sorry for being lazy and not reading you previous posts.

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I feel the same way sometimes.
    I hope you can find a way to let go of regret.

Don't feel guilt for your suicidal thoughts though. That won't get anyone anywhere. There are no "good" or "bad" thoughts, just thoughts.

9. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Its not a bad thought , its a sad thought, but relaxing sometimes.

10. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

i'm not sure that i would say it's a bad thought. i'm sure according to some it is, but some not. it all depends on ones perspective. i know for myself it is a frustrating thing. it makes sense when i feel horrible to think of that, but for me it even comes to me those few times when i'm feeling great. i feel that inevitably it's how i'm going to go. the question has just become when? what's so frustrating about it is those times when i am feeling good and then i get those thoughts anyways. why can't i just feel good and not have those thoughts? it's a mystery to me. anyways, sorry to carry on here. please take care and stay safe

11. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

How can you people say that suicide or the thoughts of suicide is comforting? Take a look at some suicide after-effects pictures that are floating around on the internet and see how comforting they are. Having the ability to end your own life, gives you a sense of power, I can understand that. But everyone has that ability.

12. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

When you're life gives you nothing else to be comforted by then that's how I can say suicide is comforting. Been there, done it and working on buying the Tshirt!

13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I can totally relate, I feel euphoric when I get to the stage where I feel i can go through with suicide. Thankfully it never lasts long enough for me to carry out the act but it is always there in my mind, it keeps me sane too knowing that I can always do it if things get too bad. The thoughts of suicide and the thoughts of never having to feel pain or worry again are very comforting to me.

14. touglytobeloved

I totally agree with this.

15. touglytobeloved

I agree with this, too, but I didnt read anything here that tells that suicide thoughts are not comforting. We are not talking about the afterefects, but we are talking about the feeling that comes when you think of suicide as a salvation method, like something that will set you free forever. It is relaxing.

16. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

i have been looking at these pictures examining the gruesome detail to see what is to become of me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.