Is suicide a valid option?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Walter Kovacs, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter Kovacs

Walter Kovacs Member

Every single day, I try to change my situation. So far, there has been no progress. I am isolated. I have always been isolated since birth. Tried to find a reason why I am extremely alienated. Couldn't find anything. So what the hell is wrong with me? What did I do to deserve such misfortunes?

I do my best, put on a smile. Inside I feel nothing but agony. It occurred to me yesterday, that maybe my heart is telling me to die. Maybe because I may be of no use and no matter what I try, I will always be a sore loser who will always be talentless and friendless . Makes a lot of sense, since I have no passion or drive to excel.
    I cannot bear this existence any longer. I have been emotionally scarred and to make it even worse, I still have absolutely nobody to talk to.

Thauoy likes this.
  2. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi Walter, I'm sorry to hear that, I have difficulty being around people because of anxiety and panic attacks. How about joining some clubs, like for hobbies where people have similar interests, that might be a good way of meeting people and you would have the same interests. hang in there it'll get better and no lets not make suicide an option.
    Brian

3. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

Hi Walter, I really feel sorry for your situation. Loneliness and isolation is also a part of my life. I tried to make friends but fail.
    But I think suicide is not a valid option no matter what kind of circumstances we face in life. Hope your days get better.

4. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

You're alone, you have no one to talk to. I have trouble with lonliness sometimes too. One thing that helped me is I read a quote of Einstein's where he talked about preference for isolation. Thinking of it as a choice. After reading that I realized I was happier alone than with people.

5. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

Walter-I know a lot about isolation. I'm a loner, too. I can't recall a time in my life when I didn't feel like an outsider or outcast no matter where I went. It was a serious problem when I hated myself. I always believed that the endless hours I spent alone meant that I was a flawed person who didn't deserve love and compassion from other people. It may sound like a cliche' but I changed everything by cultivating an attitude of compassion towards myself.

I knew better than anyone else did, how long and how much I had suffered in my life. The natural and obvious thing to do was to extend an enormous amount of compassion to myself. The compassion eventually led to kindness, consideration and care. I ended up thinking of myself as my biggest fan through thick and thin. I didn't care what anyone else thought of me-I knew that I was a decent person who deserved love and consideration so I gave those things to myself constantly. Being alone isn't so bad when you are always in the company of your best friend and greatest fan.

Tending to be isolated really has nothing to do with the quality of a persons life. It doesn't mean that you are inferior to anyone else. There are many very brilliant and highly intelligent people who prefer solitude to social settings. I challenge you to try to see yourself through different eyes for a change. There is not one shred of credible evidence that proves that you are right about your poor opinion of yourself. I disagree with you for what it's worth-I don't believe that your heart is telling you to die. I believe that it is challenging you to change the way that you see yourself. Instead of being your worst enemy-be your biggest and most loyal advocate.

Brian777 likes this.
  6. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry to hear how you feel.

Like it's already been advised, what about joining social or sports clubs? That would help you meet people.

But further more, what help have you searched for your issues if I may ask? If you don't feel like it's helping maybe you need to try something different?
    Don't give up on yourself, I know you're already fighting, but keep trying new things if you feel it doesn't help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.