Is suicide ever OK ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dad123, Oct 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dad123

Dad123 New Member

Have 2 kids on the autism spectrum. The hope for a good and normal life is not there. After I am gone from this world, their existence will be in government facilities, little care & support, and loneliness.

Why can't we all leave this world together ? There would be no separation, no anxiety for the kids as Dad will be with them forever....if there is an after life.

I do not understand the good in having my 2 kids suffer when I am no longer here to take care of them.

Please help me understand what is best for my kids.
  2. SarahB

SarahB Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure exactly what you are trying to say or ask.. But I will try to help the best I can.

Your kids may not be able to have a 'normal' life, but that does not stop them from being able to live a good life. I am sure they will live good lives, and will be able to take care of themselves well when that time comes. I'm sure they will not be lonely. But I do hope you are not referring to suicide for yourself..

As nice as that may sound.. It's not something that will happen. When the time comes, sometimes parents pass before the children. It's sad to think about, and it will hurt the kids for awhile to lose the parents. But it will heal in time and they will always cherish the good moments. I hope you are not meaning if the parents dies, and the children take their lives to go with them... That's not good, it would be hard but they can go on, I'm sure of it..

What's best for your kids? The best thing is for them to spend time with you. Have as many happy memories and moments as possible. Be there for them, not matter what. Listen to them when they need to talk. Support them. Be there for them as a father. Love them and cherish them. That is what I think you should do. =)
  3. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Dad, how old are your kids?
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

No...this is NOT OK...we are here to support you and to assure you that you are not alone and that there are ppl who care...are you currently receiving treatment? do you think either you or your children are safe right now? Please let us know what is going on and how we can help...also PM me and let me know how I can be there for you...big hugs, J
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi i here your pain your fear but no it is not okay to harm you or your children not at all. There is support for you for your children so they can live a productive life and you can have the help you need to cope. If you are thinking harmful thoughts you need to call crisis call hospital and get you some help okay Suicide is never the answer never not when there is help out there
  6. lapazyelamor

lapazyelamor Well-Known Member

Hi I can understand your predicament and how hard it must be having 2 autistic children , I think you need a break and to hand control over to the govt ,take a break and get an addiction the addiction itself will keep you alive for the meantime at least......peace
  7. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Okay wait. Are you asking us if killing yourself AND your sons is okay?? No it's not okay. Especially the part about taking your sons with you! I really hope u don't kill yourself but help me understand why you would even consider taking your own children with you?? They may have autism but they can lead a normal life and u have no right to take that from them. You should do the right thing and get some help. Now I'm not sure this is what you meant. So if I'm wrong feel free to correct me. But please do NOT do this. Please I beg you. :hug:
  8. down-and-maybeout

down-and-maybeout Well-Known Member

suicide to relieve extreme suffering, be it physical or mental, is always ok if the decision is made by a right-thinking person - but in this case your kids do no qualify, they don't have the capacity to make that decision and you cannot make it for them

suicide may be ok, but murder certainly isn't
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I hope you don't kill yourself, but taking your kids with you is NOT okay.

You say that hope for a "normal" life isn't there, but I disagree. I have a disability, and although it isn't autism, I've been able to make a decent life for myself. Your kids could too. Sure, maybe they'll need some help, but that's not a bad thing. I know a LOT of people with autism, and I also know there's help out there for them.

Instead of focusing on taking your own life, why not focus on getting them the help they need?
  10. painwell

painwell Member & Antiquities Friend

Don't give up on your kids, there is _always_ hope. My nephew is severly autistic, and the doctors told my brother that there was no hope. A year later, just out of the blue, my nephew started talking. He has a long way to go, but he grows by leaps and bounds.

From one dad to another, hang in there. We're all rooting for you!
  11. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

We are with you however under- or overground is involved :cat: :rose:

But jokes aside, this is a very tough decision... though you have kids (and sadly both of your kids are autistic) you must think what's best to do, when you are gone, what's gonna happen..? Don't let the social authorities take them to bad homes, I mean you must have a plan... If you're really going to do this I feel you, it IS okay to be gone but if no one gets hurt!
  12. japanlover

japanlover Well-Known Member

When there is a country that accepts suicide as an ok thing im sure thousands of people will flock to this country to die. No one else is liable except your own person.

I tried to get them to lock my account. I am poison to anything.
  13. StarryNightSky

StarryNightSky Well-Known Member

I used to know an older guy who had autism, parents were gone. We used to go to the same church. I know his life wasn't perfect, and he had his own struggles, but he seemed to still enjoy life. He had lots of friends too :D

You're kids may not be able to live a "normal" life, but that doesn't mean it's going to be a bad life. If you're worried, try to set it up so they'll have the best lives possible.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.