Is suicide ok under circumstances?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by anonymous51, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

For the past few days ive been thinking alot about killing myself. Ive tried to block it out and think of positive things, but i realised, there isnt any.

If someone has no life whatsoever (eg. sits at home all day not talking, sleeps, works) and they feel that the only way to be free of this is by ending it all do you think it is their choice?

Personally i would rather die with some sense of dignity than to live out an unhappy lonely life then die a sick grumpy old man.

2. ybt

ybt Guest

As long as it doesn't affect somebody physically, a person with free will has the right to their own decisions. Like, you can't murder somebody. If you were to suggest that, absolutely not. By killing yourself you might put somebody at emotional distress, but that's allowed. It's unfortunate, but it is allowed. I believe you have the right to your own actions, mostly.

3. Nope, it's not ok. That's what capitalists wants you to think. Whatever are your issues, it's not your fault. There should be real help, for you. We most accomodate people. You're not lazy or anything. If you think it's ok to kill yourself, because you think your life has no purpose, or because you think you're miserable, it's because you accept SOCIAL DARWINISM. Are you a capitalist? Social darwinism: Where the UNLUCKY die. Unlucky in the sense that you did not choose, to be like you are. You must have a deep and precise awareness that Capitalists are the Devil incarnate. And that this society, and civilization, is an unnatural state, where you must adapt. But some people are not best equipped to deal with this life, and that's why we need social justice. Some sociopaths think it's NATURAL and LOGICAL, to bring what they call survival of the fittest, how it works in the wild, into a CIVILIZED CONTEXT, but once u pull urself out of the wild, and into civilization, you break this concept. So, social darwinism is wrong. When we get civilized, our brains change and evolve, and we develop a sense of compassion.

If I'm a critic of civilization, I'm a much bigger critic of capitalism.

I think you should blame society, and not just kill urself, cuz ur unlucky, because the bottom line is you kill yourself cuz of other's uncompassion. So, I don't understand why people who kill themselves, don't send a message to society. REVENGE?

It's a bad world. The world is to blame, and suicide is always wrong.

Many people here will beat around the bush, and tell you, maybe not directly, that its ur fault.

Others are satanists, and theyll tell you, suicide is ur choice, it's ok.

It's never ok. We must give everything we have to help the struggling one.

In capitalism, we're thought to go by, and let the unlucky die.

Amen, to my rant.

This was very impulsive and full of grammatical errors. I hope everyone got the essence of my message. Amen again. Thank you Jesus.

4. Thank you Jesus, YBT. Why are you writing uncompassionate and capitalitic rubish, here.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  5. ybt

ybt Guest

There are varying extremes of human behavior. I merely believe that sometimes suicide can be a good thing. What I am explaining, however, is that he has free will, it's ultimately his decision, and I wouldn't trust an economic verdict in a humanitarian field any day.

6. ybt

ybt Guest

Thanks for deeming it rubbish, though, it evidently seems like you shouldn't be in the Soap Box, because you can't tolerate a deviating opinion than your own.

7. Praise God. I'm an atheist by the way. Yeah, yeah. How can I tolerate your pro-death opinion. This is a prolife website.

8. ybt

ybt Guest

Actually, I don't see where you call my stance a pro-capitalist one and a pro-God one. Isn't suicide the last thing the capitalists want you to do?

The poster asked for an honest opinion about suicide, I'm giving an honest answer, there's not much more to say on this end.

9. SUICIDE IS ALWAYS WRONG AND THE RESULT OF SOCIAL DARWINISM.

SOCIAL DARWINISM IS AN UNNATURAL CONCEPT. IT IS CONDITIONNED BY CAPITALISTS.

THE ONES WHO KILL THEMSELVES DO IT, BECAUSE OF OTHERS GREED.

U DONT JUST WANT TO KILL URSELF, CUZ UVE NEVER BEEN EQUIPPED TO DEAL WITH THIS WORLD, MY FRIEND.

IM VERY INTELLIGENT AND SELF-SACRIFIOUS, AND UNSELFISSH.

LISTEN TO ME AND HANG ON, DONT LISTEN TO THE SOCIOPATHS CAPITALISTS AND SATANISTS, REDUNDANT REDUDANT. WHO TELL YOU OTHERWISE.

Amen, thank you Jesus.

10. ybt

ybt Guest

Substituing your religious fanatics for rational thought isn't working. You may want to try something else.

Suicide is perhaps Darwinistic in its nature, but you're going to encounter circumstances regardless.

11. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Um id rather not listen to you either, seeing as your just feeding me a load of bullshit about how the government is to blame. I had every chance to make something of myself, its just my mind doesnt work properly which has led me to reach maturity as an idiot with no confidence.

I dont want to carry on this miserable life because you want me to join a side and blame others for my problems, its my life is mine and only mine therefore i can do what i want to it.

12. Sorry im a bit manic, i cant contain myself, im feeling so intelligent, my ego is to the roof.

Anyways, when someone is suicidal, and often its because hes unlucky, we get together and we help our brothers, real self-sacrificous help.

Not, ''oh maybe ur lazy, or unlucky.'' and suicide is a valid option, and capitalism and civilization, its natural. And if u cant get a place in this natural and perfect world, well then its how nature works, and suicides are ok.

I cant tolerate this idea. Where were thought to go on with our lives and watch others die as a result of social darwinism.

Today im possessed by jesus, step aside.

Instead of telling someone suicide is ok. I wanna help him, give all i have to help people. Because im so damn good and intelligent.

13. LONG LIVE COMMUNISM. IM NOT RELIGOUS YBT, IM AN ATHEIST.

why should i go down to Jesus's level. Im founding my own religion here, based on unselfishness and logic. not a delusion based on superstition and greed and lust.

14. ybt

ybt Guest

Ultimately though if a person feels (s)he has tried all the methods and failed and comes to a decision it's their right.

15. ybt

ybt Guest

Okay, but where does Jesus enter into this? Was he suicidal? If I recall, he was murdered...

16. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

wtf i thought my old post didnt show up

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2007
  17. Anonymous, it's not your fault your mind ain't working properly, if that's what you said. How is that your fault?

Anywys, I better stop, before I get banned. And my help and my truth cannot help people with capitalistic ideals, so this is pointless.

18. ybt

ybt Guest

You won't get banned for saying an opinion.

19. ybt

ybt Guest

You won't get banned for saying an opinion.

20. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Well i guess i didnt mean it like that, i mean its not because some other power is forcing me to become suicidal, i was just born that way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.