Is suicide rather lame?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by yeh., Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeh.

yeh. Well-Known Member

2. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

Are you having a laugh? Not when you're feeling suicidal.....................

Topic not open for discussion
  3. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I guess it depends where you stand really, but I imagine anyone with half a braincell would see it as a serious issue whether it is something they would contemplate it or not.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

There's nothing "lame" about someone being in so much pain or going through so much that they want to take their own life. It's a serious issue.
  5. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I really don't see what suicide has to do with walking. :huh:
  6. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

don't find this the least bit helpful or amusing
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

What do you mean? If your question is literally what it I don't think it's lame.
  8. yeh.

yeh. Well-Known Member

Tell me about it...
  9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

No, suicide is not lame.

It has been the end of so many poor souls since pre- recorded history. It has been the desperate end of so many people in such unbearable mental torment who died in unspeakable physical agony by the very nature of the imprecision of a clouded mind trying to complete the act.

Please, there is no call whatsoever for being cavalier about the subject of suicide.
  10. yeh.

yeh. Well-Known Member

I wasn't trying to be 'cavalier' about it. to tell the truth all i know about suicide is that is an act of self-destruction. i've thought about suicide so many times that i think my mind has become rather lame. suicide to me, is like abortion, no one has perhaps the last word about it.

Don't know what i was trying to accomplish with this post.
  11. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

Well in all neutrality going, I think suicide is quite a unique exit from life. There's a countless number of external and internal traumas which could cause one's body to give out and die. But the brain turning against itself and the programmed will to live is quite strange to the natural world and very much a human only phenomenon. Of course, there's always some exceptions in animals but most of the time non-human "suicides" are actually caused by scary mind controlling parasites and what not.

I don't think suicide itself is "lame" per say, it's quite a serious matter. But if you're talking about how suicidal thoughts and depression kills the mind and creates repetitive lameness, then I guess it does...

Lamenicity has gotten to my mind. :blink:

12. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I don't understand the question.
  13. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Obviously you have never had serious thoughts or issues about suicide. Cuz if you did you wouldnt have the need to post such an inane thread. The physical and emotional turmoil that a person goes through is sheer Hell. Nothing lame about it. One of the hardest things you will ever have to struggle with in a lifetime. Lame is someone questioning the difficulties of struggling with suicidal thoughts and urges or even denying those feelings in another human being.

Need proof? Just read the threads and posts throughout this forum and see the angst and futility members feel regarding their own battles with suicidal urges or thoughts.
  14. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

I don't think it can be, life problems can make you feel trapped, nothing lame about feeling down and wanting to kill yourself.
  15. yeh.

yeh. Well-Known Member

Well, this conversation is perhaps the lamest i've ever had.
  16. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

I still don't know what you're getting at, exactly. What does "lame" mean to you?
  17. yeh.

yeh. Well-Known Member

Me neither.
    I think it was an attempt from me to 'delete' my past 'suicidal feeling' (i first came here on April 2006 after feeling my choices had 'fucked up my life') i felt my personality had been 'washed away' and i couldn't find joy in life anymore.
    So i think, this post Is (was?) an attempt to delete myself from the fact that, at some point of life, i wore belts and socks around my neck (and therefore i'm 'ashamed of it'). I think what always 'stopped me' (besides the fact that killing onself isn't as easy as one could think) was that i always considered suicide to be 'lame' (now i think that is not suicide what is lame, but rather TALKING about suicide or wanting to die).

So maybe a part of me is ashamed, that, at some point of life, i lost the zest for life (and wanted to say 'good bye for good' to this forum, with this post).

It's hard for one, to accept that we were not the undestructible beings we thought we were...

I guess what is lame is to not laugh at oneself, despite of what one may be feeling, or to not even try to improve in life.

Some of my 'heroes' have commited suicide (Kurt Cobain, Hemingway) and i feel certain 'glamour' and 'envy' for people who die young (James Dean, Marylin Monroe)

I understand if you don't understand me, lately i've been feeling like i'm making no sense at all or that my sentences feel rather flat. (I may be delluding myself, or maybe it has to do with me 'talking' with a 'psychopath')

Either way i think internet forums have done more harm to me than had i been kept on 'real life'.

It's rather a 'bring down' to read so many people who want to die, And i know, by self-hand, that wanting to die and not being able to, is, by itself, a living hell.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2010
  18. itmahanh

Dont really know what to say. Just wanted you to know I dont think of your reasons or thoughts or feelings as lame. They are what you have and are trying to deal with. No matter how lame you think or feel members here will help if they can. So please keep trying to "deal" anyway you can to stay safe? :arms:
  19. yeh.

yeh. Well-Known Member

No worries, i don't know how i feel, but i get a feeling that i will die of a heartattack at old age (round 80 or 90 years old) (hopefully i will say by that time that my life was worthy). So don't worry about me commiting suicide (not anymore at least).

I love you all and if a moderator feels this thread is worthless i understand.

Watch 'The suicide club' is not as lame as one would think :p.

Thank for your compassion tho, it's horrible to be the subject of compassion, but i guess that since i feel compassion for everyone, is just fair enough :p.

take care itmahanh.
  20. itmahanh

Well that's comforting. Glad to hear it. But you can still "talk" about the things that make you feel trapped and seem to keep nagging at the corners of your thoughts. My ear and shoulders are here if and when you need them. Keep plugging away!!! You're on a good road!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.