Is Suicide the wrong option?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SuicideIsTheWrongOption, Mar 10, 2010.

1. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

SuicideIsTheWrongOption Well-Known Member

I dunno, i go back and forth alot. Like right now...it seems like an amazing idea. Also, i'm reduced to having to read through the forums for entertainment right now. I dunno how anyone can come into this place feeling mildly alright, and even read one thread without feeling suicidal.

Meh, i'm always suicidal so i guess it's not a big deal, but somehow, i get even more suicidal after reading a few threads.

I never used to think there were different levels of suicidalness, but there are...

Poll: how many of you aren't depressed? raise your hand if you aren't, i'll count you guys up.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
  2. wasoncewas

wasoncewas Active Member

*looks around* no hands huh.. Lo..l

3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Depends on the person. Me it's the right option. Just gotta stop having them end up as attempts. Mental note to self.... call doc for refills and stop at the LC.

4. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

5. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

I'm sure there's at least one person in here typing with one hand ;)
    probably silverkoi

I'm happy for you silverkoi...well sorta happy. well more like i can use the expression but i'm not sure how to define the word happy or sad becuase i feel very little emotion most of the time

6. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

Yea, i believe it shouldn't be an option for people who are simply depressed because depression can be cured. Then again i'm a hypocrite because i think that i should have the right to commit suicide.

Also i've never made a real attempt. I know i wouldn't survive.

7. wasoncewas

wasoncewas Active Member

No matter how blank minded someone is, there is without a dought an emotion.

8. PandorasToybox

???? Happy for me about what??

9. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

Technically true for most people, but sociopaths are defined on their inability to feel any emotion. I"m not a sociopath, i'm just extremely detached.
    But it's often hard to see who a sociopath is in real life, they have to spend their entire lives acting in a way people would expect them to act if they had emotions. So in other words, they make excellent actors.

You're the one who wrote the shortest reply. and therefore the only one who could have typed with one hand. the words "oh wow" isn't too hard to type with one hand.

So i assumed you were raising your other hand, indicating you weren't depressed.

10. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Never say never. I was certain I was not going to survive my attempts either. And if you think living before an attempt is Hell believe me it's worse after. So to those that are just thinking about it, "playing" with the idea, considering it as an option..... dont! Make damn sure you have looked at every single other option. It's definitely not all it's cracked up to be. Hell yes I'll attempt again. Call me a hypocrite dont really care. I'll attempt again because it really is my last option. I know.... I've been battling with suicide for about 10 years now. I've have given a ton of time to looking into every possible other option. Make sure that you do to before you give up!!!!!!!!

11. PandorasToybox

What were you implying when you said I have MY hand up?

12. wasoncewas

wasoncewas Active Member

So it's true to say you feel emotions all the time..?

13. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

i say never because the methods (don't ask cause i won't tell) i chose won't allow a survivor. As in 99.99% effective and the only way i'd survive is if god is real and gave me the powers for immortality.

But part of the reason i haven't attempted an easier method is because i know that i would have hated surviving an attempt, even more so if it left permanently disabled in some way.
    Since i know my method is permanent, there is no survival, i've allowed myself to live to a certain age, so i can give myself a chance to change things around. If i can't, and i hit that age, i still feel the same way, i still have the same problems, and i've made no progress in the things i've wanted to...then i'm gone, for good.

14. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I definitely agree, there are different levels of suicide.. at least if what I'm thinking is what you're thinking...

I have some syptomes of depression, but I'm not so quick to say I suffer from it

15. PandorasToybox

Wow kind of sad how you cant just answer my question.

16. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

I wouldn't say that. Unless you're talking about sociopaths in which case it's deffinitly not true. They feel total emptiness where anyone would feel something. Sad, angry, happy, guilt, remorse, regret, empathy, none of those compute or make sense to a sociopath. They can give you a dictionary definition, but they couldn't tell you how they felt.

And as for me, i'd say i've felt emotion before, but i'm extremely detatched in the sense that, i'm not sure what could cause me to be sad, or happy, angry, or feel anything since i am so detatched at the moment. I'm not saying i'll never have emotion, just right now i have none.

...i was saying you voted to say that you were not depressed.

17. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

^ this is a good example of an emotion i don't feel ;)

18. PandorasToybox

Actually ya I am depressed thanks...

19. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

well then next time don't raise your hand when we're having a poll.

20. PandorasToybox

Please dont try & cause drama...& I didnt raise my hand