Is the night the worst for everyone?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Right U R Ken, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I can go about my business during the day, although the sadness is still there, but as it gets later into the night it gets bad, very bad lately. Is it this way for most people here? Anyone know if most attempts are made late at night? Anyone here have the opposite feeling? Getting bad during the day? Just wondering.
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Naw, night's always been my worst. Well, at least when I had work/school during the day. Now it's always awful.
  3. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Yep. :(
  4. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

Not for me.
  5. Soda

Soda Account Closed

yes. in fact. i tend to wake up in the night and sleep in the day, not going to school. a lot of times.
  6. jjjoooggg2

jjjoooggg2 Well-Known Member

I think it has to do with the fact that I've worked nights since I was 12. So I associate night with work hours and activity. I'm a night owl.
  7. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Mornings are the worst for me. If I can make it through the morning, up until about late afternoon, I'm doing well. Oddly, this also coincides with my nocturnal clock. I have to be up during the day to tend to my dog and stuff that I do, but I really don't function well or am even "awake" and have energy until after 4 PM. Of course by then I'm thoroughly exhausted from being up and functioning during my low-hours. I wish life was set up like a 24-hour market and you could do business at times when it's convenient for your biological clock. But thinking about it, perhaps because I'm "not awake" so much during that time, I'm less able to emotionally protect myself? Or something? Maybe my walls are down more. I dunno. Odd. Never thought about that before.
  8. tranceadikd

tranceadikd Member

MORNINGS are the worst!!!! BY FAR!!!!
    WAKING UP... is the worst feeling ever.
    KNOWING you have to face ANOTHER day. oh the pain....

NIGHT TIME is peace even though i dont sleep much and wake up thinking of death 2-3 times EVERY night.....
    NIGHT TIME is a slight chance to escape the pain.

9. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

"Emotionally," nights used to suck worse for me. Mainly because that's where most of the sadness was, in the mental isolation and silence and the idle mind of winding down for the night.

Then, I realized somewhat recently that the sadness ain't going nowhere. And I really can't control it. Out of nowhere, I could sleep again. Insomnia gone. I've kinda come to tolerate the daaaaaaark heart-wrenching despaaaair, and I've just, I guess, learned to associate it with tiredness, so I ignore it if it gets to be a bit much and take some benadryl and go to bed.

So nights aren't as bad. Not anymore. (But this'll prolly change; I'm moody and shit.)

Mornings, though. Are hell. This only started recently. I wake up and my anxiety is at a crazy high and I feel terribly sick and it takes forever to calm myself down. Once I calm myself down though I can continue through the day in a pretty functional manner. Anxiety is harder to just "accept" because it makes me entirely irrational so I wake up pretty damned close to just saying "fuck it" and rolling out of the window I sleep next to.
  10. BlondRedHead

BlondRedHead Well-Known Member

Between 2AM-5AM are the worst for me. I wake up from a dead sleep convinced there isn't a God and scared to die or lose someone I know. I have anxiety attacks and feel like taking a jog, throwing up and passing out all at once. I've had it since I was a child. I don't let people sleep with me at night because I have full on freak outs. Nights are the worst. I am a night owl but once it nears bedtime I start to panic, clean house and fix things because if I stop the sadness creeps in and I'm f***ed!:poo:
  11. Samsara

Samsara Well-Known Member

I actually feel the worst at Sundown...sometimes it's really bad. Night is usually ok, even if I'm suicidal. The starlight fills me with energy, so even if I'm suicidal at's ok. I dunno, it's weird, but it's nice. But sundown is bad :(
  12. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Night has always been the worst part, but lately, day is equally bad as night. Probably night is worse because of the loneliness, during the day you can still see someone around, and talk, and night is so quiet and all you can do is to think about bad things in your life, especially if there are no good things.
  13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

The night is the worst for me. Every night I feel like I've failed.
  14. touglytobeloved

touglytobeloved Well-Known Member

Me too, and after few hours inbed i will fall asleep, and woke up next day, but the feeling of failure is still there, confirming that i really failed.
  15. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Days are worst for me because I am totally isolated and all these crazy thoughts run around in my head.. Nights I don't fret about because I will take a xanax and a prolixin and fall asleep..It seems the only good time I have is between 1:30 and 5:00 when I am awake.. I just answer e-mails, Pm's, and surf the forum...I mean I truly isolate.. even though there is no one in the house I still stay locked up in my bedroom..Just me and my dog...
  16. Incomplete

Incomplete New Member

I actually only get suicidal thoughts during night. I don't know why but when its dark, I just change into a dark person and in the day, I am the opposite. Anyone else? It might be that I stay awake all night because I find little purpose in sleep other than to "get away".
  17. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Night time is definately the worst time for me, partly cause there's not even anyone to talk to :unsure: though I think that's just something that comes with depression.
  18. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Night is the worst for me too, I get all deep and depressive when I'm tired by myself. Listening to sad songs. Overthinking. And the light of day kinda brightens me.
  19. KJAB

KJAB Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Can't believe by evening (w. europe) I feel as 'normal' as this, and tomorrow morning is a horror show in waiting...:sad:
  20. Dying_Dreams

Dying_Dreams Well-Known Member

Night is worse for me too! My mind wont stop thinking and worrying about stuff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.