Is there a legitimate reason to live?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Fayt, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fayt

Fayt Member

Any religious arguments will not be considered (by me anyway). I don't buy into religion, I think that it is inherently detrimental to a modern, progressive society.

I live in a house where nobody listens when I speak, everybody just hears whatever the hell they want to hear. I don't have a job (though I am looking for one). Video games are the only things that make me feel anything other than crushing depression. It feels as if everything that I hear and that I see points me in the direction of "You should go fucking kill yourself. You're worthless and a waste of resources." When I brought up the issue of it feeling as if nobody listens to me when I try to speak with my mother today, she replied like a two year old with "Well if you feel like nobody listens to you when you talk, then I feel like you don't listen to me when I talk". My mother sarcastically will say things like "My children hate each other, I'm a terrible mother, I should kill myself" when we get into arguments as if to belittle the fact that I legitimately want to kill myself nearly every time I talk with her and my brother.

Is there even a reason to keep living? Life is stupid. People are jackasses. Nobody cares. To them, my death would be an inconvenience because they'd have to identify a corpse. So why am I still alive? Why should I keep living? I hate everything and there is seemingly no chance of this ridiculous pain ending.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you're hurting. I'm in a lot of pain myself and it never goes away. I wish that my pain would stop as well, but I think that my brain is damaged somehow. I've had several people try and help me, but there's nothing that they can do and nobody's going to help me to kill myself so I'm just kind of screwed.

3. Fayt

Fayt Member

Is there any reason that you can't do it yourself?

4. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I just don't have the courage because I'm afraid of making things worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.