is there a point?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mandyj101, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

cant help but think we are all going 2 die.. so why prolong the pain..
    im hurting so crying constantly from the moment i wake 2 the time i go 2 sleep.i have no just existing..
    existing at the expense of not working im getting money off the government 2 live- because i want 2 die..why dont the government set up a scheme so that those that are suicidal can die quickly and then they wouldnt have 2 waste tax payers money on ppl like me.
    maybe thats why they leave access 2 the highest buildings in town open at night.maybe they wonder if we dont know how 2 get there..they will send ppl maps soon im sure.
    no1 can deny we will all face death at some point..
    what is the point of life???
    what is the point of us being here..2 reproduce and bring another generation of ppl in2 this messed up world?
    some ppl turn 2 religion for the answer..i cant see the point myself.
    im sick of all this crap..sick of feeling like this.
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Hi Mandy,
    I am sorry you are feeling so crappy I am going to send you an IM but just wanted to reply here and remind you that i am here for you if you need anything at all.
    You have helped so many here you really have and we are here to support you. Please just let is all out and let us in..we love you.
    Love and hugs Bambi
  3. Menchi

Menchi Well-Known Member

Hey Mandy.

I'll first put the question to you the other way, if we are all going to die some day, why invite it sooner than you must?

I understand the pain you are going through, seriously, and these questions have plagued me for years. The truth is, i have no idea either. If life has some magic answer they are keeping it from us both. But even at the lowest points, there is always some small thing which you can try to hang on to. Even the smallest things that will be gone, that you will never experience again if you make that decision, try to find something, then build on it. Thats the only thing i've come up with so far as a solution to life, just take everything you can out of it, for as long as you have the choice to.

If you ever need to chat or anything, send me a PM, or i'll be on MSN alot of the time.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I wish I had the answer to your questions, but I don't. We did not choose this life, so should we choose to end it? I don't know? I do think we need to do whatever we can to make the best of whatever life fate hands us.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Mandy there is a point to living you are doing it here helping others. Government cheques are given to you so you can take the time to get well to work on you. Look at it as you have a job to do and that is do everything possible to get you well and functioning to the best of your ability. The government is paying you to do this to get well. My daughter is not well enough yet to move on but with her cheque she pays bills gets therapy and is getting well so she can get back into society. She is not in hospital which is a lot more money for government she is getting well and so will you it takes time to heal. Please know you are impt and you do matter, never doubt that.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Mandy I want to thank you for all the support you show others here at the forum..I see and intelligent, compassionat, and caring person in you..You are down right now so let us help support you..If you want to PM I am usually on in the mornings or you can email me anytime.. My address is in my profile..Take care!!
  7. Pilko

Pilko Active Member

Hi Mandy, you are very special person. I haven't been on here for over a week. But this time 2 weeks ago I logged on for the first time in complete desperation and you gave me help that I needed to not do what I wanted to do. I never stop thinking about it but I won't do it for as long as I can come up with reasons to live. THANK YOU!
  8. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

thankyou all for replying.. iv been struggling alot recently.i think it may be 2 do with new medication-lack of sleep- and stupidly getting in contact with someone that gets a kick out of putting me down..i guess i have 2 accept that some ppl just wont understand or be there for me..even if i long 4 them 2 care..can be hard 2 accept it sometimes.been feeling quite alone.
    im feeling a little better tday though.i managed 2 get some sleep last night..i think i tired myself out from excessive crying..but sleep is sleep i guess..

thanku all again for ur means alot 2 me xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.