Is there a way I can change my username?... and maybe ask other people to ask well..?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by MissKerouac, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MissKerouac

MissKerouac Active Member

I'm really sorry about this, and I know completely how it sounds, but I accidently gave my boyfriend my hotmail password. I know he wouldn't use it for anything nasty, but I'm scared he'll go on my emails and see some from SF. If anyone else gets hold of these they may try to have me put in hospital, which I'm pretty sure people are trying to do at the moment. I can hear my dad talking to his girlfriend downstairs and I think its about me not sleeping and they're probably speculating over what else I've done. (cut, OD'd etc.)

Also, if my psyciatrist got hold of everything I've been posting on here he'll definitely try to have me hospitalized or may think somethings seriously wrong. Thing is, he wouldn't know its me unless he found out information about me and my username, which is where the emails come in. My friends and boyfriend know me well enough to know these are my posts because I'm obviously talking about my life. And they know I like Jack Kerouac. So they'll know for sure this is me and then my psyc can find out.

So I'm a bit worried about the people coming on the forum at the moment. Is there a way of changing my username on here? Or I may start a new account because I just don't feel comfortable. Feels like I might as well be posting all this on my facebook statuses right now with the amount of people that can see.

And if there is a way of changing usernames, maybe others could as well? I know this is unreasonable but it would just keep it more hidden.

Sorry for going on... :unsure:

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Re: Is there a way I can change my username?... and maybe ask other people to ask wel

Yes,you can change your username once every six months.

Post a thread here http://www.suicideforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93 and an admin will change it for you. :smile:

3. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

Re: Is there a way I can change my username?... and maybe ask other people to ask wel

What do you mean if others could change there's as well??

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

As IrishDoll said you can request to change your username no problems but another suggestion would be perhaps if you delete all the current emails in your Hotmail account, make up a new one and change your settings here: http://www.suicideforum.com/profile.php?do=editpassword

Or, if you don't want to delete the emails just forward them to another email address, then delete them.

Some people like their usernames, and it would be a shame to change it if you don't really want to. It's up to you though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.